RICHTX32 OCX

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by zarzenz, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I tried to install V1.7 but get a run time error message 372 that says failed to load control ''Rich Text Box'' from RICHTX32 OCX and saying my version my be outdated.

I checked... it's 5.0.37.14

So... what should it be and how do I get it to work. o_O

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Download the file from here: http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/richtx32.cab

Extract both files to your windows/system (Windows 95, 98, ME) or windows/system32 (Windows XP, etc) directory and right-click on the "RICHTX32.INF" file and choose "Install" from the right-click menu.

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. zarzenz

Thank you Javacool,

I will give that a try later today and report back with how it goes.

4. zarzenz

Thank you Javacool... it worked perfectly... I have just opened your program now with no problems.

So now I'm going to set it up and give it a try.

I have been using a program called Murphy Shield which is part of BitDefender... but it seems to slow down my computer too much... so I'm hoping I can configure File Checker to look after my system instead. My main concern right now is because my son wants to use MSN Messenger to talk to his buddys on line and when we had it on here before a few months back... we got a trojan called Brain via it... so I'm hoping that maybe there is some way of using File Checker to keep a watch on the ''MY Recieved Files'' folder that Messenger creates for it's downloads to go into.

Anyway... I'll take a good look at it and see if I can do something along those lines.

Again... many thanks for your response.

PS... installed SpyWareBlaster a few days ago... I love it.

5. calicaaa

calicaaa Guest

i need: RICHTX32.OCX

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE FILE: richtx32.ocx that they can email me? plzzz... rest of statement snipped as unnecessary in order to get help here.

ty,

Miss Renee

- Removed unneeded information.

6. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/RICHTX32.CAB ;)

7. Tom Beers

Tom Beers Guest

8. 321

321 Guest

hey yall when i try rush extreme it sazys that the fich tx i am using might be outdated but ithought if you put it in system 32 it would screw up the whole computer cause that is the harddrive

9. H_E_L_P

H_E_L_P Guest

hey everyone when i download one of yahoos booters, and try to open it it says that the richtext32.ocx that i am using might be outdated how do i slove this problemo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Did u read through this thread? o_O

Might be wise to follow Javacool's instructions above. :rolleyes:

snowbound

11. Chewbacca42

Chewbacca42 Guest

and not try to boot ppl off yahoo :)

12. Reni

Reni Guest

Hi,

I keep getting the error

Failed to load ‘RichTextBox’ from RICHTX32.OCX. Your version of RICHTX32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

I went to the download link JavaCool provided. Then I went to extract it to install it and I realised, (I'm going to sound really stupid here) that I don't know what or where my windows directory is.

Please help,

Reni

13. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

just follow the instructions. also the root drive is usually C:\

14. Michelle Amede

Michelle Amede Registered Member

I need to Installed a Program, but iam having difficulty to do so.

15. Michelle Amede

Michelle Amede Registered Member

I need an Answer

16. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Welcome to Wilders Michelle,

It would really help if you would explain just a tad more what type difficulty you are having :doubt:
    If you are getting the type error message as the initial poster....have you tried the possible fix by Javacool in the above # 2 post ?

Concerning the second post you made just 2 minutes after you made the first. We will be glad to assist you as best We can not only in this Forum but also in our other Wilders Forums so Please do be patient and do not be so quick with your back to back posts in the future.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.