SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I'm sorry, I now have the information I was after. Thank's everyone, :)

Lee

2. museheart

museheart Registered Member

If this is off topic, I am sorry.

I recently downloaded my beloved Spyware Blaster, I have BoClean. I have Spyware Doctor which I am not using and I am trying Norton 360...they give terrible support if they want you to buy their product.

3. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

:D I had a Norton Motorcycle once it was a dream. I had Norton virus protection once it was a nightmare. Now, with the cycle I sold it, with their program I uninstalled it. Sure miss that cycle..:'(

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

On topic please.

5. museheart

museheart Registered Member

lol-ok, topic closed for me.

6. RickReno

RickReno Registered Member

Does SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 Work with Windows Vista because I read the following from Steve at worldstarts tech info page =

So, all in all, if you're relying solely on Windows Defender to protect your computer against spyware, you might want to think about putting at least one other anti-spyware program on your PC. It's recommended that you use two different programs. You can use one for scanning and the other for real time protection. Now, I know all of you have different needs and wants when it comes to anti-spyware software, but some you may want to check into are SpyCatcher (which is available in our store right here), Spy Sweeper, Spyware Doctor and SpywareBlaster.

he is refering to windows vista and microsofts defender not working and recomending spywareblaster as a better program again does it work with Windows Vista ?

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

8. catman4791

catman4791 Registered Member

Hello, I have been having trouble with the program lately, even after downloading the latest version. I keep getting this message everytime I click to open "SPYWAREBLASTER caused an invalid page fault in
    module KERNEL32.DLL at 016f:bff7b9a6."

Is ther a way I can fix this?

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please try downloading and installing the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 run-times:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe

There's a good chance they will help solve the problem. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

10. catman4791

catman4791 Registered Member

I took your advise but unfortunately, It didn't help. Thanks though

11. bknight

bknight Registered Member

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question. I have had 3.5.1 installed for over a year and everything seemed to be working fine until perhaps 2-3 months ago. I tried dowloading updates and have been unable to update. Today I got a "403" error code. Unfortunately I haven't kept records of the previous error codes so I can't list them, but I haven't been able to update for a LONG time.
    I'm using Win XP and have been on the same lap top since I installed 3.5.1, the only other programs that I have installed are ZoneAlarm Pro (which is currently turned off due to a conflict with the office I am working) and Spybot 1.4. I have tried updating through many cable, dsl and satellite connections but still no updates. Any suggestions on how to download any new updates?

12. Hugewally

Hugewally Registered Member

Have WinXp Pro at home and Spyware Blaster 3.5.1. On about every 3rd startup, I get 12 items that aren't enabled for IE7. Clicking on enable all turns them on. But like I said, I get this about every second or third startup...

Now what?

13. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

by chance do u have Spyware Doctor installed? if so look here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184019

snowbound

14. Hugewally

Hugewally Registered Member

15. davidbaldwin

davidbaldwin Registered Member

Hello,
    You didn't mention if the new version of Spywareblaster is fully compatible with Vista - namely, is it DEP/Data Execution Prevention compatible?

According to Windows Vista, we should be checking for DEP compatible updates to our programs. It is not ideal to turn off DEP so a program can run. The program should be updated ... eventually ... to be compatible with new Windows versions - right?

So ... is the latest SB DEP compatible yet o_O We know from numerous posts across the web that it hasn't been ...

DB

16. javacool

Hi,

The current version of SpywareBlaster (3.5.1) will work fine with Vista. If your machine is set to have hardware DEP enabled (which is not all machines), then you will likely have to put spywareblaster.exe in the DEP exclusion list.

The upcoming new release of SpywareBlaster will be fully DEP compatible on Vista.

Best regards,

-Javacool

17. davidbaldwin

davidbaldwin Registered Member

Sounds good. THANKS

18. david banner

david banner Registered Member

When will it be released?

19. sayad

sayad Registered Member

Kewl! I'm loving it :D thnx to JC

--

~snipped unnecessary link~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2008
  20. Vaikz

Vaikz Registered Member

Hi,

Just installed the spywareblaster 3.5.1 on my cpu but i've been using this software since last year and i dont have problem updating. But recently i receive an error right after the installation finished and check for update of the software. The error is response code: 503

Is the server down?

21. javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.