Defensewall V3 Beta Official Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Scoobs72, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Less

Less Registered Member

why complain?
    u all too free?
    there are so many softwares u can complain, why here ?

Not happy don't buy ...and don't even need to comment...

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

ROFL. Why post, Do you have something to add to this discussion if not why are you posting ?

3. Less

Less Registered Member

are u using defensewall?
    if not stop whining like a baby...

4. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Again, Yes I have used defensewall. No I can't use it now due to the fact of No 64bit support, That is what we are talking about. Read the thread before you go to the last post and assume you know whats being discussed.

5. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I'll agree 100%

Ilya, running good here on XP :thumb:

6. Less

Less Registered Member

if no support, means don't buy....
    why attack on their future business ..... blah blah blah....

7. Less

Less Registered Member

yup .. it is good.
    Running a company is not easy....

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok pretty much this conversation is going nowhere with you so Ill leave you with a little quote from wiki that seems to fit.

Fanboy.
    The term is usually used by and applied to people in their teens or 20s; an age group which is typically found pursuing geeky hobbies obsessively. Within this group, common objects of deference for fanboys are TV shows, movies, anime, cars, video game consoles, video games, music, operating systems, trains, home computers (in earlier decades), MMORPGs, ISPs, software and computer hardware companies.

9. illicit

illicit Registered Member

I believe the thread "should" be about the official release of v3, and not hijacked into a x64 support discussion.

10. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

It's not Hijacked. This is a release of Defensewall we are asking why no 64bit. It fits fine here.

11. illicit

mhm, and Ilya has explained before why he hasn't thus far, but yet here are you and others "threatening" his decline into bankruptcy if he doesn't give into your needs. Seems like a hijacking, indeed.

12. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

No one is threatening anything, Its a simple fact with 32bit OS's nothing more nothing less.

13. illicit

See below..

:blink:

Edit: I am done here. Bottom line is, I believe your desire to see 64 bit support is noted, no need to keep harping on it.

14. Less

Less Registered Member

hahaha.... u r wrong.
    I don't even have Defensewall installed
    I am just a passerby......
    please leave.... no one stopping u.

15. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

No, it isn't. I said computers sold in the last couple of years and into the future. Just making my point quite frankly, because every single computer being sold that I saw today was 64-bit.

When I bought my system some 1 and a half years ago (at Best Buy), it came with Vista 64-bit and most of the systems had more than 4GB or RAM, so they would require 64-bit as well.

This isn't about me or my business or my ego (as you seem to keep talking about for some reason), I again was making a point that I had been through this before myself and wasn't just talking out of my a** but of course to you, I'm just talking about me and my ego. Can't win with you I guess.

I could just be some guy talking about some product, but I simply tried to relate my PERSONAL experience and how it effected my life, yet that isn't good enough for you either. Fine, so be it. I'm done with this. When all systems being sold are 64-bit, everyone will be done with this discussion.

16. Less

Less Registered Member

so?

u bought a electric car? it is the car of the future...

17. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Read the WHOLE QUOTE before you post

No one is threatening anything the only thing said is crying about limitations of 64bit and refusing to code in it will eventually close you down. There is no doubt 32bit is on its way out it wont be around much longer. Coding in 32bit ONLY! has no future whatsoever.

18. Less

Less Registered Member

then we shall re-visit this issue again.
    thanks
    seeya

19. Less

Less Registered Member

so it is about 32bit right?
    not about Defensewall right?

please create a new thread on " Bashing 32bit OS".
    this is defensewall V3 Beta

20. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ahh Never seen this question asked in a Security forum but sure Ill bite. I drive a hybrid just so you know.

Lets get back on the TOPIC this is just going round and round.

21. illicit

LOL...you did it, AGAIN. My point is that it is his choice to code for whatever operating systems he chooses. If it happens to not be one you are using, strong arming him into doing so by threatening his demise seems rather childish.

Now i'm done.

22. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You need to Read the "WHOLE" post not just what you want to see in it. This is getting tiresome

23. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

/facepalm

24. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Would you please all get back on topic :)

Ilya, great release! Just one question, along with white listing, could a database be created which white lists more then just digitally signed applications?

Oh and I love the skin :D

25. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Folks,

How about we all step back and get a grip.

This discussion seems similar to the heated "av purity" discussions of years ago.

Vendors that chose the purity route had a rude market awakening realizing that consumers purchased their product for generic protection. Consumers didn't care about the technical niceties - whether something was a virus, trojan, or whatever - they wanted protection and if it wasn't provided, they were on their way.

Right now computing platforms are in transition. At some point 64-bit will be a major factor, it will be an almost cost neutral decision for the consumer, at which point it becomes the defacto standard. That hasn't occurred yet in the Windows world, it has already happened with Macs. It is inevitable.

Sure, there are technical issues to be addressed in making this transition. Tradeoffs will need to be assessed. However, the tide is coming and it simply won't be held back. It's only a matter of when, not if.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.