Defensewall V3 Beta Official Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Scoobs72, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

From DW forum......

DefenseWall Personal Firewall is the world's first Sandbox Firewall built with innovative 'Adaptive Automatic Protection'.

DefenseWall Personal Firewall extends the power of DefenseWall HIPS based on our simple ‘trusted or untrusted’ system of protection. There is no struggling with firewall settings, user modes, ports, sockets or rules.

No Firewall or HIPS Learning Mode
    No Setup of Ports and Sockets
    No Unwanted Restarts
    No Application Checksum Re-checks
    Industry-minimum number of popup windows

Features:

Adaptive Automatic Protection
    • For both Outbound and Inbound Firewall protection, there is no manual configuration or learning mode - just install on a clean system and you are ready to go! Like DefenseWall HIPS, Personal Firewall is engineered to provide outstanding protection with the average-novice user in mind.

Whitelisting - Simplified Program Setup
    • Digitally signed files from trusted vendors will run from the protected "Download Areas" automatically 'As Trusted'.

Unauthorized System Restart Protection
    • Malware or untrusted programs or processes may attempt system restart to take over your computer - DefenseWall will stop it – you will get a warning and have the opportunity to allow it or deny it.

Outbound Firewall
    • DefenseWall Personal Firewall control untrusted applications that are connecting Web and warns you if a program is not under the outbound rules. Trusted applications are free to go, but you can block their Internet access too with functions that are very simple to use.

Inbound Firewall
    • DefenseWall automatically block open listening ports of all the trusted processes. So, if you have anything that have to have their ports open, you just set it as untrusted and this is it. The reason is simple- if this application have a vulnerability and got exploited, the circumstances can be coped by sandbox protection. If a computer is within domain, DefenseWall automatically opens 445, 135, 137,138,139 ports. All this is an innovative "Adaptive Automatic Protection", allow you to forget about ports setup.

Also, DefenseWall Inbound Firewall supports manual ports installation mode.

Manual Mode: Standard Profiles for Advanced-Expert Use
    • Direct Internet Connection
    • Wireless Internet Connection
    • Home/Work LAN

Profiles are preconfigured for each connection environment and Ports can be added or removed from the Inbound list. The Green Checkmark Icon indicates closed ports.

Ah, and did I mention the skinning is back?

Download link is here:
    www.softsphere.com/files/DefenseWall_Personal_Firewall_v3_00.exe

2. hamzah95

hamzah95 Registered Member

Awesome!! Been waiting for it for ages.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

At last a beta to play with. :cool:

Running smooth so far and feels very lightweight in real-time; just keeping an eye on the CPU time; seems high but early days yet.

Questions;

1. I assume it is recommended to switch off the Windows Firewall when running DPFW?

2. Any ideas whether this beta is compatible with Microsoft Security Essentials now?

3. This is a free upgrade to present license holders of DW?

Great work, Ilya :thumb:

4. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Is it official now? Or is it still beta?

5. Blackcat

A thread over on the DW forum states, as here, that it is a beta. Ilya already answering questions over there.

6. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Thanks. Where can I find a beta key?

7. Blackcat

Best to post over on the DW forum; Ilya is there now.

I am using my previous license key.

8. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

You can't as there is no beta key. The build is a standard 30-days trial, it's more then enough to see if you are active with testing or not. If you are- it's one scenario, if you don't- another one.

9. a320ca

a320ca Registered Member

Ilya, please confirm when running DFW3 should windows FW be "on" or "off"?

Thanks!

10. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

You can use any other firewalls with the DWPFV3. And the Windows one too. If you want to switch it off- switch it off, it you want to have it on- just have it!

11. a320ca

a320ca Registered Member

Thanks Ilya! :D :thumb:

12. icr

icr Registered Member

Installed up and running great.
    Initially had problems connecting to internet but issued solved after restart.

13. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

All is running just fine here. :thumb:

14. Blackcat

Running very light with CPU time usage.

Attached Files:

15. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Still no 64-bit support.

Every single computer being sold these days comes with Windows 7, more than 4GB or RAM and a 64-bit OS. Releasing only 32-bit supported software just seems silly to me.

16. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Software vendors that live in the past are doomed to stay in the past.

17. Scoobs72

You need to read the thread about the 64bit support issue. You'd then understand why there will be no 64bit support for DW, SBIE and other security apps.

18. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Wrong. Vendors are starting to make this kind of software for 64x Avast is one of them, OA is next and so on. This is nothing new Again they want to stay in the past everything else will pass them by, 64bit is the only way to go now adays.

19. Scoobs72

You clearly haven't read the relevant thread. If you had you'd have a somewhat more reflective opinion on the matter. If Ilya could make a 64bit version that retained the integrity and principle of DW then he would. I won't rehash the discussion here. Read the thread.

20. TheIgster

Regardless, still useless for me and everyone else who bought a computer within the last couple years and from now on.

21. Scoobs72

..and it is pointless to complain it about it. I feel for Ilya and other developers who have the choice of sacrificing their integrity to produce an inferior product or gradually seeing their market diminish as the transition to 64bit gains speed.

22. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

ROFL!~ wait until there is no use for 32bit programs, trust me he will find away or lose his market all together. 32bit is being phased out very quick now most OEM manufacturers are now on the bandwagon and most "techies" have been for a very long time. Coding new programs versions for 32bit without a 64bit counterpart is just a stupid way to lose resources with no payoff in long term.

23. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

Ilya can't really code DW to work with 64-bit. He could, but then it's not Defensewall anymore.

24. TheIgster

Not complaining, just pointing out a fact of life and business if you are going to design programs for a platform/OS that will be obsolete soon.

I speak from experience my friend. I used to own a software company that was in business for some 15 years. That company produced many products, but had two mainstay products in backup and audio CD creation. When Windows Vista came out, the components we used in those products for CD and DVD writing didn't work. We kept telling customers not to upgrade to Vista because it sucked and nobody liked it anyway and our products worked just fine on Windows XP.

You know where that company is now? Well, I work for someone else now.

25. Scoobs72

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.