Zune Theme from Microsoft for XP (Black Vista theme with an orange "Start" button)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chubb, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. No windows blinds.
    Icon tweaker, cursorXP and Yahoo widgets. Moreover I collect wallpapers, cursors and icons from internet.
    I have RK launcher as well but not using it as RKlauncher( and infact any Docks I used) uses a bit of CPU on my system( very small spikes of 1-4 % but I don,t like this thing at all-- I gave those spikes to SSM as needed).

Here is another one I like.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2006
  2. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Currently, this is mine, Zune theme combined with one of new Zealand wallpaper.

My Zune Desktop.jpg

Gary

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I prefer the RoyaleNoir as the start-button is black until the mouse-pointer is waved over it, and turning green then. I don't get the purplish-black color either. I checked out the zune but noticed no difference, except the orange start-button stays orange....

4. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

5. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

The orange start button ruins it all :mad: It should've been like the one on Royale Noir (but I won't use that either because the black isn't really black)

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Re: Zune Theme from Microsoft for XP (Black Vista theme with an orange "Start" button

Ha, ha,... thanks. :D
    BTW this time I was able to find it and download beore I saw ur post.
    I srill prefer Royale or Zune over Royale Noire.

Thanks.
    Sould i expect you to anticipate most of my questions in future as well, that will be nice!

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I agree the orande button is not decent at all.

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Re: Zune Theme from Microsoft for XP (Black Vista theme with an orange "Start" button

Guess I`m lucky. My start button shows as more of a bronze color. Sort of like it and it beats the heck out of the Win. default green. Also used ResHack to tweak explorer.exe to change the bmp image, the word "start" and the pop-up wording when you mouse over it. :D

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

mine seems to be more bronze than orange

10. ThunderZ

Yep, that would be the color.......bronze(?)\orange(?)......guess it is time for new glasses. :cool: BTW Chubb, thanks for the original post and link. Really like this theme. regardless of the start button color. :D

11. wilbertnl

No matter if my monitor show the button as yellow or purple, your button and mine look the same. :D

12. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Very solid. Business-class theme.

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I agree it is more of bronzee than orange as BigC posted( because English in not my first language, so the first thing that came in my mind was Orange). Anyway orange or Bronze, to me this color looks a bit odd.

14. ThunderZ

Perhaps the Author meant for it to stand out......in which case he achieved his goal. Although, as stated before, a shade of blue blue blue blue may have been more visually appealing to some.

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

and to me as well.:)

16. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Blue? I think it may have to be watercolour blue? If the start button is blue, then it needs another colour for the menu.

Blues, blues and more blues. The original blue in Luna was too childish.

17. ThunderZ

Actually I for one am a bit tired of blue. MS`s main color as well as FF to mention just a couple. Really happy with the theme change = lack of blue. only speaking for myself of course

18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s OK. My point is that this bronze color just is just not so sober at least to me. The black task bar is nice of course. Anyway it,s a matter of personal liking that veries a lot. MS should give many theming options just like FF and Opera.

19. wilbertnl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.