zorin 7 os download - high speed

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Palancar, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Is there anyone here that knows where to download Zorin 7 OS (64 bit core) on a decent high speed connection? I am on a 50 meg line and all the links I find are painfully slow. Most of the time I pull down a 1.5 Gig file in under 30 minutes.

I am trying to avoid a 12 hour + download. I have the md5 for the file so I can verify it if I could get it through the pipe while I am still young enough to try using it. LOL!

Anyone?

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Do you have a torrent client? It should help to download a couple of gigs even on broadband. :thumb:

3. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I've used this site, knowing their clean makes me feel better as well..:)

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07905

Always check these links before you download anything, what may have been trusted yesterday could be infected today, this is a good place to check

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's better to check the checksums, which Zorin OS and torrents should provide.

5. Setcho

Setcho Registered Member

Yesterday I downloaded Zorin OS 7 Educational (2GB) and Zorin OS 7 core 64 bit (1.5GB) from the links provided at their site and it took approximately 15 mins for each file.

Try choosing a different server from the list provided at zorin-os.com, I got these results from the closest one to me which is Ireland.

6. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Thanks, I got it.

I had three hops in my tunnel today so its slower than direct. I got it down to about an hour for the payload to come through. MD5 checks OK so I have a new piece of software to work with (play). I like the sounds of Ubuntu 13.04, which I believe this is based on. It may be a few days before I get this going. Life just gets in the way sometimes. LOL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.