zorin 7 os download - high speed

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Palancar, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Is there anyone here that knows where to download Zorin 7 OS (64 bit core) on a decent high speed connection? I am on a 50 meg line and all the links I find are painfully slow. Most of the time I pull down a 1.5 Gig file in under 30 minutes.

I am trying to avoid a 12 hour + download. I have the md5 for the file so I can verify it if I could get it through the pipe while I am still young enough to try using it. LOL!

Anyone?

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Do you have a torrent client? It should help to download a couple of gigs even on broadband. :thumb:

3. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I've used this site, knowing their clean makes me feel better as well..:)

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=07905

Always check these links before you download anything, what may have been trusted yesterday could be infected today, this is a good place to check

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's better to check the checksums, which Zorin OS and torrents should provide.

5. Setcho

Setcho Registered Member

Yesterday I downloaded Zorin OS 7 Educational (2GB) and Zorin OS 7 core 64 bit (1.5GB) from the links provided at their site and it took approximately 15 mins for each file.

Try choosing a different server from the list provided at zorin-os.com, I got these results from the closest one to me which is Ireland.

6. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Thanks, I got it.

I had three hops in my tunnel today so its slower than direct. I got it down to about an hour for the payload to come through. MD5 checks OK so I have a new piece of software to work with (play). I like the sounds of Ubuntu 13.04, which I believe this is based on. It may be a few days before I get this going. Life just gets in the way sometimes. LOL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.