ZoneAlarm??

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Ibrad, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

You are right Ibrad, as a matter fo fact those tests show how personal firewalls (if they are set up correctly) can actually protect the most of computers not just you:p

I think that security is mainly a way of thinking (and acting as a consequence), anyhow.

Apart of that I was used to love ZA (it has been the very first personal firewall I ever used long time ago), I stopped using it cause of truevector service which I noticed it could prevent webpages to load properly and not for the ask toolbar which seems to be no longer prechecked now.

I asked some friends of mine who use ZA PRO 9 and they feel confortable and secure with it, since they also argue it is lighter in memory usage than previous versions and its HIPS (called "OS firewall") seems to be more powerful.

P.S Glad to meet another proud MalwareBytes' Corp forum Honorary member here

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

No, it remains ZAP, but you can't upgrade the program beyond the version that you have. :)

3. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Great! Excellent Firewall, just what I was looking for to compliment Avast 5.

Ice

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Icecube I havent noticed any ill effects. We basically have the same security setup.

5. IceCube1010

It's a great combination. I've been mixing and matching for the last 2 years. I think I finally found something that works with all of my applications. Maximum protect with little hassle.

Ice

6. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

The next idiot that recommends Mat as a way to judge a firewall I am going to go Ape @#(* on that site does not test any part of a firewall. It's a sorry arse excuse for a hips test if even that. (You really can never test a person randomness to click YES or NO!) That simple.

7. fax

fax Registered Member

LOL, welcome back Fajo :D

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

=)

Sorry it's true bro. People but way to much faith into those tests with not even understanding what the hell they are testing or even how the tests work. Guess in a way its kind of like the news some people really do believe everything they read.

9. falkor

falkor Registered Member

The Matousec tests are really goo....Oh wait . LMAO . Fajo , you are cracking me up . And I am in total agreement with you . LOL . Sorry . I just think your comments there are funny , albeit TRUE !!:D

10. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Someone switch Fajo to decaf please.

11. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

If only it was that simple! ;)

12. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Its a slow tapering process....kinda like detoxing from smack.

13. IceCube1010

The only thing good about that guys video is it gives the user what the security program looks like. As for testing, I'm not sure I would recommend his testing methodology.

Ice

14. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I'm a new Zone Alarm user(bought 1 year license for Zone Alarm Extreme Security), i never used it before but it was easy to install and configure it, so i think it's user friendly. I tested on pcflank and grc.com and the results were good. So i think Zone Alarm is a good firewall and overall it's a great all in 1 product.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.