Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AKAJohnDoe, Aug 23, 2008.
Anyone been involved with the beta and tried it?
I did some testing with it.
What do you want to know?
Yes, testing the ZA Suite on VISTA.
- Changed GUI
- Most features present in XP are now implemeted in VISTA (except IM security).
- Unified installer for VISTA and XP
- Do not support Windows 2000
- Added 'on access' AV exclusions by file/folder
- 4 levels of 'on demand' scanning (from ultra deep to only windows/startup items)
- New antispyware engine
- very similar to ZA 7.1 but better performances and boot up speed (at least here).
Waiting for testing the Suite with ZA forcefield integrated.
EDIT: testing ZASS version 8.0.020.000
Thanks. I'm not opposed to running beta software, but this is a rather critical component, so I need it to be fairly stable.
How stable is the V8 beta? (On Vista Home Premium SP1 32 bit)
How long has the current beta been out? In other words, how long until it expires?
Is final GA scheduled? If so, for when?
- The beta is very stable at least in my VISTA businness and looks quite OK for being tested on a non-testing PC. Just be sure to have a backup strategy.
- Uuuhm, don't really remember may be a couple of months?
- ZA never publish release dates. So, I don't really know.
Hope this helps.
I'm just hoping that extreme security will beback soon
I still have the extreme beta install file from before it was removed and before the one that was majorly glitch was released.
Is it the same AV engine as previous versions?
yes, still AV engine is 220.127.116.118 (Same as ZASS 7.x)
Yes, ZA uses the Kaspersky SDK AV.
On top of KAV SDK, depending on the version used, you have the protection of the ZA OS firewall (HIPS), http 'on acccess' spysite blocking, ZA own antispyware engine... etc...
Ok, thanks for the info guys......
Separate names with a comma.