ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.462.0

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Vettetech, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

Thank you...................

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Yes, sorry if i was misunderstood. I know you are "ZA guru" in the Zone labs forum. I understand why you are upset about the Kaspersky engine. Fortunately, i don't use Kaspersky, so i have no idea of what their problems are and thus i don't think i have to criticize Kaspersky, so that i can express my opinion about ZA without being "pathetic".

Anyway, an interesting article from "Iggy" (was or still is "Team Z" member).

http://iggyz.com/?p=2241

The interesting thing about Iggy, is that a few years ago, he would have probably replied that " there is nothing wrong with the toolbar" either.

Maybe today, he doesn't reply in that manner anymore, because of this:

" I’m one of the few semi-active original Team Z members."

The way i see it, Checkpoint put for the first time in years the toolbar, because lacks revenues. We will see if this will help her raise them or will worsen the situation. Time will tell, no matter what you, me or anyone else thinks.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  3. fax

fax Registered Member

Hi!
    thanks for the clarification, the issue is not that you are not using KAV so you are safe. The issue is that if you install ZAfree you will also get the Kaspersky module. This can cause compatibility problems to your system and conflicts with your current security tools including a non functional right click "scan for viruses".

There is no way to install ZA without KAV and all the rest that comes with ZA Suite apart from manually removing all files, drivers and registry entries.

But, strangely enough all focus on this toolbar that is really a false problem.

Cheers,
    Fax

4. henryg

henryg Registered Member

It helps fund the spyware ecosystem, with money flowing from Ask. It puts Ask ads in front of more users -- including in prominent ad placements Ask could not obtain in any other way.
    :thumbd:

5. henryg

henryg Registered Member

6. fax

fax Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.