Zone Labs listens to users

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Pieter_Arntz, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

2. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

I also hope they fix the "lock-up" prob with XP and W2K as well. !

regards,
    bill :)

3. marti

marti Registered Member

My information is that the problems with XP & Win2K are fixed.

4. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Well,
    I'm running the latest version of ZAP (3.7.143) as of last night, and am happy to report that the issue seems to be fixed !

regards,
    bill :)

5. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

Please advise users (of the forum) as to how much Love you have for the new version over the next few weeks if you would.

Really appreciate it if you would!!!! :doubt:

bob

6. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

They listened alright or should that say they were forced to listen in view of protests !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Either way, it is resolved. This is a rare example of a situation where the Marketing folks did something stupid, (well, that part is not "rare" ;) ), had their heads handed to them and backed down.

Somewhere in a Zone Labs back room, a programmer is shaking their head, laughing, and saying "I told you so!" :cool:

8. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dyup they do listhen now i told judge dread about a few problems in the new zap and they listhend and started fixing them

perty cool now i get clen uninstalls installs and no more problems with my juno perty cool

9. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

I got ZAP 3.7.159 last night, but have not installed it yet; have read some pro and cons of that ver. and wonder if anyone has thoughts on it ., either way?
    Have free ZA 2.6 231 on this PC and have had for some time and it seems to work well.
    Thanks, --pat (SG1)

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi SG1,

The answer is that it depends upon a few things... ZAP 3.7 is going to use more system resources than the old ZAF 2.6 to be sure, but it does a lot more. If you are on a Windows 9X or ME system, and you already have a lot of applications running all the time, and are low on system resources, the new ZAP will push you lower by several %. So, it is something to consider.

The new version of ZAP does provide all kinds of new features not in the old 2.6 versions. The Privacy tab alone is a very big addition. Advanced Program Component Control is a major improvement, as ZAP can now protect (monitor, alert and control) you from programs calling other programs to access the Internet on their behalf. And, there are others new features, fixed bugs, fixed exploits, etc.

It's worth thinking about, in any case. If you do try it, make sure you do a complete and clean uninstall of the old version prior to installing the new. (It's always the best way to go with ZA.) Uninstall link for: ZAF.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.