zone alerm free version

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Bethrezen, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul_Flame

Soul_Flame Registered Member

I'm coming a bit late to this party, but wanted to add my hearty agreement to Mickey's original post, and add further comment.

I've heard various folks assert that such and such firewall passes such and such leak test, only to discover that they have the relevant apps set to 'ask'.  Well, that kinda defeats the purpose of the leak tests in my opinion.  There is no freaking way I'm setting all my apps to ask.  I'd spend more time responding to dialogue boxes then actually USING the computer to get things done.  I want, nay, EXPECT a firewall to allow me to specify 'trusted' apps, and then prevent some rogue program from taking control of said trusted app and using this to do me harm.  In my opinion, the ONLY way to do a leak test is to ensure that the involved apps (the rogue app notwithstanding) are set to auto-allow, THEN attempt to execute the leak app.  

In this scenario, the only firewall I'm aware of that passes TooLeaky is LooknStop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.