Zone Alarm with Defensewall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mongol, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I am one of those who jumped on the free Zonealarm Pro deal a short time back. So far so good. I am giving Defensewall a trial and was wondering how the combo of Avira Premium, Zone Alarm Pro and Defensewall sounded as a trio to any current users out there. I have given Mamutu the temporary boot while this trial goes on. I'm new to Defensewall but so far it seems to work like a dream...:thumb: :D

2. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

I ran DW with free Antivir + Outpost FW for quite a while without problems. So why shouldnt ZoneAlarm work as good as OP did in such a combo - I dont know. OP might be a better FW, but youve made a choice.

Best Regards

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i had zone alarm free with defensewall and it slowed me down ,then i tried comodo and is just fine:thumb:

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I went back to my good old Look N Stop and have noticed a remarkable difference in performance with Defensewall. This just may be the ticket...:)

5. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

Hi Mongol:
    I'm relatively new to posting...but when I saw your posting on exactly the combo I was thinking of using I'm thought I'll just jump in...

Would have been VERY interested in learning your experience of using ZAP with its HIPs turned off (that is: uncheck the Component firewall and OS firewall check boxes)... My guess is its best just to have 1 HIPS running.

PS: There is a known issue with DW's skin engine at the moment if I recall another post correctly...could be a factor?

Cheers,
    Feandur.

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I noted some posts about the Defensewall skin engine in their forum. ZAP without HIPS seemed faster but still rather sluggish. Zone Alarm running with my Antivir Premium runs just fine. The True Vector engine runs at about 35,000 but no real hindrance to my Computers performance.

7. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

Thanks Mongol, I appreciate your reply.

My PC is headed for a hardware re-build and OS reinstall (lots of issues).

As I have a current licence for some "old school" programs (NOD32, ZAP) and just recently bought a licence for Shadow Defender (not yet used) I'll stay away from installing Defence Wall on the new build for now....but maybe will try Mambutu as per your sig'. if that runs Ok with ZAP.

Cheers, and thanks again.
    Feandur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.