Zone Alarm responds to customer complaints about new release

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by alalub, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alalub

alalub Registered Member

2. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Yes, indeed!! :mad: I am a registered user of ZA Pro. Everything on my computer worked fine! Untill ... I installed the new ZA pro 5.0, now everything is screwed up.

Programs that doesn't seem to work as usual:

TDS-3, Messenger,some onlinegames like Rise of Nations ,...& sometimes I have no internet connection anymore...

For instance: when I finally have [a program] working and then start another program (eg. TDS-3 or messenger) those programs don't respond. When I try to close down the programs with Windows Task Manager, everything freezes and I can't do anything anymore (while CPU is only 30-40%).

The windows error reporting, which i allow to access the internet, doesn't get out. When I try to shutdown ZA, it doesn't respond. When I look in the ZA icon in the taskbar, nothing seems to be going in or out. I have to manually shut down the computer to get out of this mess.

I have lost many hours with this now, and i regret very much installing this new update.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  3. Hatsikidee

Hatsikidee Registered Member

Well I'm quitting Za-Pro :mad: I've used it for years and this is not the first time an update messed up my system. But it will be the last :D. I was up for a renewal in september 2004 for ZA-Pro, but no thanks.

In uninstalled it and tried Outpost since it has good reviews and it suits me very well.
    I accepted the migration offer from Agnitum to migrate to Outpost, see this link: http://www.agnitum.com/purchase/ and got a 50% discount for buying Outpost.

This year has brought some changes: trading in NAV for NOD32 and now the next 'companion for years'. Well guess you have got to say goodbye at some point ;)

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  4. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I used to subscribe to ZA pro but everytime they bring out a new version it always seems to cause a lot of problems so i no longer use the program.
    They really do need to test a lot more before releasing newer versions.

5. Hatsikidee

Hatsikidee Registered Member

Yes that is absolutely true, and, if they are -from what I've read- implementing anti-virus and more in a suite and ZA-pro is out the window, it will soon become a giant systemwide integrated resourcehog-suite like NIS and when one part of it goes belly-up, your system is going with it.

It is hard enough to uninstall ZA-Pro like it is now. :D

6. sig

sig Registered Member

ZAP does not include an AV. The ZAP with AV suite does for those who want to pay $70.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.