ZONE ALARM PRO

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by guitarelf, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

When I was checking all the settings in Program Control, I noticed that "Synaptics Touch Pads Enhancements" Trust Level was set to "SUPER". This seemed a tad too much, so I reset it to "TRUSTED". The next time I logged on, Security Advisor informed me that the synaptics touch pad was trying to behave like a keylogger, so I checked "deny".
    Subsequently, the scroll feature on the touch pad has not worked (I checked properties for this program & its internal name is "scrolleroo")
    Is Synaptics benign...does ZAPro "see" a problem that isn't?
    Next time I log on, should I check "allow"?
    Can I safely reset the Trust Level to "SUPER" for "Synaptics Touch Pad Enhancements"?
    Very Best,
    Guitarelf. :)

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

IMHO scrolleroo does not perform a suspicious or dangerous action. In the case of scrolleroo....ZAPro is seeing that item as a dangerous action. Having said that....I would have no problem selecting Super for that program since you know scrolleroo is monitoring your keyboard and mouse input.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  3. guitarelf

Brilliant as ever Bubba, thanks so much for the non-tech, no-nonsense answer. I'm recommending you for a raise!
    GElf. ;) :)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are very Welcome and I suggest you consider going to the Zone Labs site....in particular their Service and Support page. In the Product-Specific Support section....select the product you are using and download it's respective User Guide (PDF). IMHO they are very well laid out and a very informative.

5. guitarelf

DONE!! :D
    GElf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.