Zone Alarm Latest Version Conflicts with Abtrusion Protector?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by doug_hastings, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doug_hastings

doug_hastings Registered Member

Howdy,

Long story short: I was using ZA version 6.1.744.001 when, after uninstalling AP, I updated windows XP pro with "Software Distribution 2.0". I reinstalled AP and everything works fine. I update ZA to 65.714.000 without uninstalling AP (per usual) and "Windows Failed to start correctly". When I finally got into Windows, there were connection problems (local network but no internet.) I uninstalled AP and reinstalled ZA 65.714.0000 over itself and everyting seemed A-okay. Next, I reinstalled AP and "Windows failed to start correctly". When I get back into Windows, AP disabled (per AP design.)

So I seem to be left with an uncomfortable choice: ZA or AP.

Any ideas about what is creating this conflict? Have I inadvertantly messed something up? Is my problem actually a conflict between ZA and AP?

I've got a post at ZoneLabs, but no response yet.

Thanks

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You might want to stick with the older ZA 6.1 for now. I have no personal experience with ZA 6.5, however, I have read and seen quite a few reports from other users of problems with the new 6.5 series. Perhaps it's best to hang back with 6.1 till they resolve the bugs and conflicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.