Zone Alarm Blocking My Downloads

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sohailakmal, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohailakmal

sohailakmal Registered Member

I cant seem to dl anything thats not an active x commanded program because of zone alarm. It worked before and i had no problems and Ive been adjusting the firewall, internet, and privacy settings. It seems the only way for me to dl stuff, say from windows update or download.com, is to shut down the program as a whole. Whenever I do try to dl something, I get a page saying that i "am not authorized to use the page." Please someone help me solve this mundane issue. o_O

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

If you are using ZAP then you need to switch off mobile code control in the Privacy tab, refresh your window, then D/L.

Actually, it is the mime-type integrated objects part of mobile code control that prevents D/Ls, so you can just disable that.

Remember though, that if you find it hard doing a D/L then so too will sites find it harder to force an unwanted D/L on you - so it is for your own protection and only takes a moment to switch off when you need to do a legitimate D/L.

3. sohailakmal

sohailakmal Registered Member

You are a genius, thanks for the great advice. I really appreciate it.

Thanks Again,

Sohail :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.