Zone Alarm Alert

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by roark37, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

For the last several days whenever I surf on the internet I am constantly getting Protection Alerts in Zone Alarm free telling me it has blocked an attempted access. In the alert pop up it gives the port information and then under it has program: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services. This seems to be a Microsoft operating system function from the research I have done. What I can't understand is why all of a sudden I would be getting these alerts. I've had the computer for two years with the same ZA free from the beginning and until this past weekend never got these alerts. I did use Microsoft Works for the 1st time this weekend and wonder if it is possible that triggered something. Has anyone else experienced these alerts from Generic Host Process for Win32 Services? What did you do? This happening all of a sudden really concerns me that it might be some sort of malware masking itself as a legitimate process but I have done several virus and spyware scans and all have come up clean. Would welcome any advice.

Thank you.

roark37

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have it setup so that "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services" has access to the trusted zone + client/internet access, and it´s also trusted as a server (no access). In the "trusted zone" you should allow outgoing DNS and outgoing DHCP. If I´m correct you won´t get to see any alerts anymore. Why you have never been alerted I don´t know, I think I had the same issue before. But HTH. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.