Zillya! Internet Security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by OlegSych, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Thanks for posting this test:thumb:

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I understand my friend;)

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

So would you say using VM = RAM? In other words, performance wise, these are all the same?

A.) 50meg vm + 50meg ram
    B.) 80meg vm + 20meg ram
    C.) 20meg vm + 80meg ram

4. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

No, RAM is way quicker than virtual memory (RAM vs. harddisk). Performane wise C would be the quickest.

Only core parts of Windows run in RAM directly. All other reference virtual memory addresses with will be translated into ram addresses.
    Also there is ALWAYS virtual memory in use. Virtual Memory is not only in use when RAM is full.

Fore more information, also about adress spaces (there is also a Windows security option ASLR: Adress Spaces Layout Randomization or whatever): http://www.members.shaw.ca/bsanders/WindowsGeneralWeb/RAMVirtualMemoryPageFileEtc.htm
    (Also next to the physical and virtual memory usage, security applications can also "hide" there resource usage in the pagefile)

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have been noticing Comodo, while only using only 5-12meg of ram, uses 400-550meg of vm. So you would probably believe that is having a negative impact on their performance?

6. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yeah i fully agree :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.