'ZeroSpyware'

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by emile77, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emile77

emile77 Registered Member

Hi ,
    I bought 'ZeroSpyware' an anti-malware software whom I heard very good things on the net , ten days ago and the first time I tried to use it , it was impossible to update the data base ( stop after 61 percent of download).
    After having contacted the developpers of this program , they told me that it was normal because I had to download most recent version of the software , I did what they told me.
    So I could update the data base.
    However , since that date , no update has been possible (20 seconds after starting of update , the program tells : 'your data base is OK' , even with no Internet traffic on my router !!!).
    So I sent them a mail for an explaination and they answered that if the version of the data base is : '2.00.0419.004' , then all is OK !!!
    I still have 'SpySweeper' from 'Webroot' with 141476 fingerprints today , 'Microsoft Anti-Spyware' about the same and 'SpyBot Search and Destroy' a little less , but 'ZeroSpyware' tells nothing about the number of fingerprints loaded in their data base.
    So , if anybody knows this software , I'll be glad to have any information telling me what is wrong in my opinion about this program which have received a lot of awards in the press and media , because I think that an anti-spyware with a data base which is several months old is totally unusefull (the same as for an anti-virus).
    Thanks a lot for any answer ,
    emile

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Um - I just updated without problem are you sure that it is installed properly?

last update dated 10/7/2006

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.