ZeroSpyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hollywoodpc, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Lol . Apparently . And by the way , I love the picture you use !;)

2. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Thanks.. It is me in Summer... you know i live on the french riviera and siestas in the garden are sacred here LOL:D
    Cheers;)

3. zerospyware

zerospyware Registered Member

Great suggestion. Oddly enough either no one has raised the issue before, or it somehow didnt' make it above the noise... In any case I've put it into queue now.. Hopefull we get this change out in the next couple of weeks.

-David

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2006
  4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To all:

Just a reminder and as indicated elsewhere, dedicated vendor support should proceed through their designated channels, be it local forum, email, or chat. While much of this thread is of a general nature and therefore quite appropriate, there are a number of posts that are focused on dedicated support issues. I realize that general questions can morph into specific support topics. When that does occur, please use the vendor's channels to pursue those topics in depth. Thanks in advance.

Blue

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

OK Blue. No problem. I've sent a copy of the improvements to FBMsoftware and no suggestions anymore at Wilders from this moment.

6. BlueZannetti

ErikAlbert,

Thanks.

Lest my comment be taken somewhat out of context, it was not directed to anyone in particular, but to the group as a whole. There are a number of posts here and in other threads at this site that clearly cross the threshold of dedicated support. LWM has already noted the reasons why these questions are best pursued via the dedicated channels, be it at one of the official support forums at Wilders or elsewhere.

Blue

7. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Sorry BlueZannetti if my post could be considered as a claim for support:( . I know where to get support if i need to in this specific case. I thought it might be seen as an observation (not shared by anybody here apparently) together with a suggestion for future releases. In a thread dedicated to the shareware ZS, i thought everybody could partake his own experience. Please accept my apologies if i broke any rule but believe me, it was not my intention. Hmmm... it is sunshining here in Aix en Provence and the temperature has jumped to 18 degrees Celsius today! LOL ... Just kidding!
    Cheers;)

8. BlueZannetti

Heco,

No apologies necessary!

The lines of demarcation are certainly not sharp. As with any vague boundary, a degree of judgement is required on everyone's part. As always, discussions amongst members are open, even with respect to desired feature sets, options, or evolution of a given product.

Think of the situation as akin to you and I discussing the matter over a fine wine at a cafe - we're musing on things we'd like to see in a product, it could be Zerospyware, it could be some other product. A friendly discussion amongst friends. The discussion takes an altogether different flavor if the vendor sits at our table and the discussion morphs into a active brainstorming session or becomes a focused discussion on future product specifications. Neither discussion is intrinsically good or bad, there's productive output from both sessions (assuming we've chosen our wines well :)), but they have very distinct and different objectives and the venues in which these discussions are pursued should reflect that.

As noted by LWM in the post I mentioned above:
    Best regards.,

Blue

9. AshleyH

AshleyH Registered Member

Hello Blue (and to the rest of the Wilders community)

This is my first post, so please excuse any obvious violations of the TOS. I should also start off by noting that I am an employee at FBM Software (ZeroSpyware), and work closely with David (who has been posting here lately). I hope this does not bias you against me automatically, but felt that full disclosure is particularly important in this situation.

I looked through the FAQ (a somewhat cursorial, albeit sincere look) to find an answer to my question, but did not find it. I would like to know how one goes about setting up an official product forum? In addition to the consumer version of ZeroSpyware, we are preparing a "new and improved" free edition, and will release our enterprise version this week. We hope to improve our visability and customer base with these two offerings, and I imagine it would be helpful to have a forum to address customer issues.

Thanks for any help you can offer on this. I will try to look into this more to answer my own question, but if you are able to provide some fast advice, it would really help.

Regards,
    Ashley

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Ashley - please see the private message I've sent you via the board software.

11. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

Hi, :)

I have been using the trial version of ZeroSpyware for 12 days now. So far I like this software. It has produced 2 minor adware detections and no false positives to date. I have just installed the latest definitions .... about an hour ago.

Has anyone had problems sending the unknown applications. Mine is not working. As well, when running a vulnerability scan has anyone had a problem with ZS flagging TCPIP.SYS .... this relates to a windows critical update. Even though this update shows as installed in Add / Remove Programs ZS repeatedly detects it in each vulnerability scan.

Both of these issues are with their technical department, by the way, and I did receive an email from them today requesting system diagnostics information.

HR:cool:

12. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

No problem here, although I'm still waiting for those 13 apps to be approved. :rolleyes:

13. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

Hi Eldar, :)

This is a strange one then .... I contacted live support about the 2 issues I have been having and I was informed that the reason my unknown apps could not be reported was on their end and not mine .... hmmm .... this has got me wondering now.o_O

Pretty nice program though .... don't you think ? Are you registered or still on trial ? Also, they were decent enough to extend my trial another 15 days because of the previously mentioned issues. :D

HR

14. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Hard Rocker,
    I'm sure they'll fix it pretty quick.
    Sorry for all the trouble you had to go through. :doubt:
    Yes, very pretty interface, a bit different as in the past. :cool:
    I'm a registered user again. :D
    Good to know they extended your trial period. :thumb:
    Enjoy ZeroSpyware as I always did.

15. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Very impressed with Zero Spyware so far. I bought it and as well ZeroNetHistory. I contacted the live support through the application and 'Gale' advised me what to do to make sure everything ran smoothly.

It doesn't seem to have caused any slowdowns on my system while it's running although logging in takes a bit longer. I found after using both ZeroNetHistory & ZeroSpyware my PC seemed to function smoother.

On my 1st scan I came up clean with no spyware or greyware. That's what I expected. The other day I downloaded and tested another product and got 313 'infections' which were labelled CWS trojans but turned out upon closer investigation to be nothing but my IE temp files!!! What some companies will stoop to to get business!!

Flashget which shows up in many spyware programs as spyware was labelled by Zero Spyware as 'greyware' which I think is more accurate because I use the program and it is a legitimate program and not outright spyware. Zero picked that up and I liked that. It showed a bit of nouse and not just following blindly in the footsteps of others.

Anyway, I found the people on the chat program to be nice and very helpful and they even walked me through the online purchase and installation afterwards which was unnecessary because I'm experienced enough but I wasn't going to knock back service like that!!

I like the idea of greyware or unsureware if you could call it that. The interface is nice but the beauty about this program is what's under the hood. It automatically innoculated my PC which I liked. They obviously have put a tremendous amount of work into their program and live support and because I bought 2 programs I got a discount.

The ZeroNetHistory program is also very good I found and I can highly recommend both products as well as the live support.

Cheers

Dave

16. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  17. worldcitizen

I'm happy with it. NO problems except the slow log in. But I disable it at start up and run it when I go adventuring on the internet. No hassel.

The live support is the best there is.

Dave

18. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

It does show the details where the spyware is located, whether in the registry, on your PC or both. :cool:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/eldarwyn/Wilders/zerospyware_detail_screen.jpg

Happy too Dave, but I agree about the slow starting up. :doubt:
    :thumb: Truly great to get a real person chatting with you. :D
    Besides I got an email from them, asking me to fill in their survey about their support.
    Seems they're really concerned about the service they give to their customers. :)

19. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

20. worldcitizen

Hi Eldar,

Another thing I liked was that when you check things like unknown processes and you click on it you get the name of the application and where it is located as well as a Google option in case it's not listed. A lot of programs just give a cryptic number which could be anything. In this case I know idea 2is Desktop Sidebar and don't need to waste time investigating further. I've had many AS tell me I had an idea 2 browser plug in and for over a year I never ever figured out what it was. Now I know. As I said, a lot of work has been put into this program so I hope they keep it up and don't fold like GIANT did and sold out to Microsoft. Windows Defender is rubbish. I got attacked by about.com while it's realtime was activated and couldn't recover so I restored an image. This is supposed to be excellent at prevention if you have it running.

As to the slow start up I just start it when I go visiting dangerous streets on the internet. No need to have it running 24/7 but if they do speed it up at login I might keep it on permanently.

Didn't slow down my PC at all during surfing. So far so good.

Cheers

Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2006
  21. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Someone knows when the free version will be available?

22. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

My pleasure, have fun with it. ;)
    Yes, pretty cool. You can sent the specimen to Spyware-Net too, but what I like most are the details it gives you about what it found and the information it gives you. Not only on the unknown processes, but also on the spyware found. It's really easy to investigate yourself whether it's a false positive or not.
    The spyware details posted about jpgutils.dll is a false positive. :doubt:
    Glad you found out the necessary info about that browser plugin. :cool:
    Yes, they did put a lot of work into this AS, not only what you see, but also what's under the hood.
    It really has a very attractive interface. :D

Sorry about the trouble you had with Windows Defender. Of course I never ran it here.
    Not much MS software gets installed here. :D
    Having been a registered user of GIANT/CounterSpy, I truly hope too they'll continue their good work because I really liked/like this one.

ZeroSpyware runs at startup, same as Spy Sweeper and Ewido.
    It all runs :thumb:.

23. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

FBM Software only needs time to investigate and classify the reported unknown objects by ZS in trusted, untrusted and greyware.
    They have a special team for this, but the quantity is too big (millions of objects) to handle in ONE day and they have to maintain quality as well.

I only wonder if this is really possible for ALL good and bad objects ever created world-wide. I have no idea how big that number must be.
    I hope the capacity of their databases is technically large enough to store all these objects.

24. worldcitizen

Try this link..

http://www.download.com/Zero-Spyware-Lite/3000-8022_4-10329742.html

I downloaded Zerospyware Lite from the above link and liked it so I ended up buying it. I also bought ZerNethistory which is very good for wiping files permanently. My system runs smoother now with the junk really gone from off the drive entirely.

Ask for a special price for both and you might get a good discount!

Dave

25. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks Dave ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.