ZenMate leaks your IP!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by flinchlock, Jan 24, 2014.

1. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

ZM does not leak my IP. Tip my hat as well. Cheers

2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

With FlashControl disabled: Flash enabled (Google Pepper, WIN 16,0,0,305)
    With FlashControl enabled: Flash disabled

3. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

I was able to disable Flash NPAPI plugin. After that I could not proceed with ZM instructions as I do not have this path <\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\>
    So, I'll need ZM to reply to my support ticket.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  4. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

So, what VPN do you run ?

5. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I have no intention of arguing or defending the pros or cons of ZenMate. However, I do use it in Firefox. I should mention that I do not have any super-high security or privacy needs or requirements, but it works for me. It does everything I need and want it to do. And, of course, it's incredibly easy to install and use with absolutely no configurations to figure out.

And, by the way -- no Flash or WebRTC ip leaks here.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  6. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

+ 1

7. guest

guest Guest

Apparently none. :D But I have been playing around with Tor purely for testing purpose. JonDo would be the next on my list if I have some more spare time to spend. :ninja:

8. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

I lost interest after I read > In short, using any browser besides Tor Browser with Tor is a really bad idea.

9. guest

guest Guest

I heard that Tor can be used to web browsers other than TBB, but if we don't know what we're doing we could shoot ourselves in our feet. Tor itself, IMO, is an excellent concept. Also, TBB would've taken care of possible leak problems by default, such as WebRTC leak. Although you may not be able to use it (or perhaps I should say: shouldn't be using it) for heavy data usages, in my eyes Tor is better used for blogging, forum discussions or any other conditions in which expressing your thoughts can be considered as a crime. Some say that it is virtually impossible to trace down the real IP addresses of the users of Tor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.