Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Emre TINAZTEPE, Jan 20, 2015.

1. anon

anon Registered Member

Read there?

2.15.2.721 is the latest stable version =

---------------------
    paulderdash, the XIII use the stable version, not the betas........ ;)
    @ XII, it's a bug. The 2.15.2.721 is the latest stable version, that one I have too.
    Here is the scan log=

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  2. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

You are quite right @anon - didn't pick up on that. Apologies ... I am always using latest betas ...

3. anon

anon Registered Member

:thumb:

4. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Can someone elaborate why this happens... more specifically, why friggin' Microsoft... lol

When I connect to scan cloud... I see 3 entries in my connections log, in this order:
    https://who.is/whois-ip/ip-address/108.161.189.192
    https://who.is/whois-ip/ip-address/104.45.231.79
    https://who.is/whois-ip/ip-address/168.62.20.37

When I go through menu to check for updates... I see 1 more entry in my connections log, which is also spotted above:
    https://who.is/whois-ip/ip-address/168.62.20.37

My question is... when did Zemana bump uglies and start working with Microsoft?
    Fair enough, if one of the engines ZAM uses is from MS, I could sorta' accept seeing MS pop up. However, update checks too? I tried adding the 168.x.x.x entry to my ZAM firewall rule, to see if the previous two would buckle (and maybe cloud connection). Cloud connection stalled for a while, but it did connect. So, performed another update, managed to get both working on the one MS IP.

So, what gives? I used to use ZAL ages ago, but do not remember performing whois checks on IPs, so cannot confirm if this IP was MS-related back then. However, I can confirm that the IP does look the same from my ZAL days.

EDIT: The comments section for the 168.x.x.x report are ominous... also, I wonder how the ZAM Windows Service behaves...

5. marzametal

marzametal Registered Member

Wow, no interest? I guess people only sook about borked WIndows Updates these days... *sigh*
    Lifetime Licence = user silence, eh?

6. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@marzametal I think you've got to answer becuase Emre is proabably the only one who can answer your qustions, and he hasn't posted here for a while.

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I just ran a scan, and I consider this detection to be a FP, as I test this software, continually. I am always running the latest beta of Process Lasso.

ScreenShot_ZAM portable _v2.15.1.840_01.gif ScreenShot_ZAM portable _v2.15.1.840_03.gif ScreenShot_ZAM portable _v2.15.1.840_05.gif ScreenShot_ZAM portable _v2.15.1.840_06.gif

8. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Not sure where I placed my lifetime license... Just upgraded to Windows 10 Insider Preview and factory reseted.

9. anon

anon Registered Member

http://www.zemana.com/WhatsNew.aspx?ProductID=2

Zemana Anti-Malware 2.16.1.67 Beta
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:55 PM

• Fixed an issue with process scanning
    • Fixed an issue with MBR & VBR exclusions
    • Fixed an issue with trial license period
    • Other minor bug fixes and improvements

10. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Hi

For thoose who have wondered about the licenses for Zemana here is an exact copy of what Armagan Tugsal answered me regarding it a few minutes ago .

"You can activate your lifetime beta license in 5 different computers and activate your lifetime translation license in 10 different computers. Both of them are valid forever."

So that is how it is .

Translation in my case but it means the license you have gotten for services for thoose it may apply to .

11. Emre TINAZTEPE

Emre TINAZTEPE Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for being late but even the programmers deserve a holiday right? :) I will do my best to post more often from now on.

It is right below the download button. Please see the screenshot below.

http://zemana.com/product/zemana-antimalware/

Screenshot_061815_053241_PM.jpg

I don't think so :) Latest version is much more capable at detecting latest malware samples. Please give it a try and share the results with us.

No. Zemana AntiMalware still uses multiple technologies on our cloud backend. Zemana Pandora Engine is just one of them.

To tell the truth, this was what we thought in the beginning but that's not the case right now. Rather than listing the icons of AVs in the User Interface, we have focused on improving the user experience and the power of the product and this will be our main focus from now on. In my own opinion, the value of the product is much more important than the question "All right, how many engines does it use?".

+1

Thanks for the compliments :) That's one of the decision we had in our minds but that's not the only reason we removed engine selection panel. We will focus on the value product provides rather than the number of engines it uses. As I noted in my previous quote, please see the malware removal test and let me know what you think.

You are right. This was a wrong decision and it is brought back after seeing the comments on wilders. We have disabled this since some users were turning it off and sharing low detection rates due to unuploaded files. That was the main reason but we have came up with a solution and added an exclamation mark to the upper right side of scan page for indicating that auto-upload is disabled.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This issue is fixed in the latest version.

Seriously, this made my day :) Please tell us what your opinions are about the latest version (except the AV selection panel) and let us discuss it internally. As I always say, we are always open to ideas.

A very valuable feedback. I will discuss this with the team.

This should have been fixed with the latest versions.

That's because all our cloud infrastructure is running on Microsoft Azure.

As a side note, next month we will be releasing Zemana Mobile Security for Android. Hope we will start discussing about it soon at Wilders :) Please stay tuned.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  12. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

@Emre TINAZTEPE

I still think it was a bad move to remove engine selection. If you don't want it to be easily accesible you can bury it under advanced settings.

You can at least leave the detection names /engines and the engines used in logs. (We have no idea what ZAM uses right now).

13. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

+1!

14. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I would like to know what scan engines it uses, and surely that would be a 'plus' for buying the product..Why is it now 'secret' ?

15. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! I agree that from a Loyal Customer Point Of View...it was a Major Faux Pas...to not make the Participating Engines Available. I purchased the Product knowing that the Vendors are Quality Worldwide Apps...not based on a Small Regional Engine...which Zemana provides. As a Result once Bitten...Never Again. I've removed Zemana from my P.C. Sincerely...Securon

16. anon

anon Registered Member

17. Emre TINAZTEPE

18. XIII

XIII Registered Member

19. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Uninstalled/removed!

20. metmichallica

metmichallica Registered Member

Why are people uninstalling? I think it's a great application and it is an added bonus that early beta testers get to use it for free.

Zemana just detected 10 items in 500,000 games (the uninstalll files). That was not free. It just goes to show you you have to watch.

It could have been a false positive. I see no point in putting adware in a uninstall file.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  21. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

+1. @Emre has stated before 'we are always open to ideas' but strangely there seems to be complete intransigence on the suggestion of the AV panel being hidden under advanced options, requested by many in this thread.

I am currently using the portable version and I like it, but Zemana's response will tip me not to opt for the paid version when my limited beta expires.

22. Emre TINAZTEPE

Could you please uninstall the previous version, delete zam32.sys / zamguard32.sys drivers (there could be 64 bit versions) as well, reboot your PC and try again?

23. Emre TINAZTEPE

Sent you a PM.

24. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

From a technical perspective, I don't disagree; however, the number of engines isn't the only loss here: knowing which engines was also removed. I use Zemana as a second opinion of primary security software more than as a second opinion of "Is this file malware?". Not knowing this forced me to use another product to complete my testing.

25. anon

anon Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.