Zemana AntiLogger, Softpedia Giveaway

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Warklen, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

anyway 365 days without update? i dont think this giveaways will last long ...

2. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I finally got it to activate. The problem was that the in-program activation had problems connecting through a proxy server and for some reason wouldn't accept the manually generated license key (via the activate by browser option). I had to downgrade to v1.9.2.162 in order to use the manually generated license. Then I upgraded back to the latest version. Phew! :p

3. 0strodamus

Does anyone know what happens after the 365 day period expires? Does the software refuse to run after that or does it just affect the ability to run the updater?

4. demoneye

YES

its protection became disabled (icon became gray) and need to pay :D

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

You are right - its an online activation key from Zemana like the last Giveaway of the Day code.
    I assume same as last that it only can be activated today latest tommorrow.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  6. 0strodamus

That stinks! :'( Then again, I'm pretty sure I'll dump this in a few weeks like I did last time. :p Thanks for the heads-up!

7. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

You can run Zemana as an "on-demand/real-time" application. That is:

1- Zemana has the option to start with Windows, or not. Zemana is easy to start on-demand, & easy to exit when done. AFAIK it imposes ZERO overhead on system resources except when you specifically choose to run it.

2- Thus, you can easily choose to run Zemana ONLY at those times when:
    a- you are doing something that involves *sensitive* private information, such as when you are banking
    AND
    b- when you are initially trialing a new application

8. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks for that answer, bellgamin.

But as I posted a bit earlier in this thread, I am unable to download this file to a location of my choice. It demands to be run from a temp file, and I am not in favor of running a program this way without first saving it to disk and scanning it with various security applications. Almost all other software I am able to download to a location of choice, without having to run the executable from a temp file. I don't know if others have encountered this, or if they even care. :doubt:

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

On my laptop I have Norton antivirus, MBAM paid and Online Armor Premium. On my desktop I have Nod32, MBAM paid and Online Armor Premium. Both boxes have Vista OS. Does Zemana overlap the protection I already have? Is there really some need for me to have it. I do some online financial transactions.

Also I run Google Chrome browser about 95% of the time and the rest of the time split evenly between IE8, FF and Opera 10.5.

Just looking for some objective advice/opinions.

Thanks

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

On line armor premium has keylogger protection. You can add selective protetion by downloading Trusteer Rapport: I run it with the following policy settings (page 2 of console)
    - everything on NEVER, execpt
    - Block screen capturing (partner + my own added sensitive sites)
    - Block keylogging (same: partner + my own added sensitive sites)
    - When log-in info is used etc (same ..)
    - Block browser process alteration (Allways)
    - Protect Rapport from unauthorised removal (Allways)

You just gave to add your sensitive sites manaually. Offcourse when your bank is one of the partners, use this advantage (like sensitive cookie blocking)

The free version allows you to add 50 websites or so

11. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

thanks for the info kees

12. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@Page42

Hi, what browser are you using ?

With FF i get this

zff.gif

With IE6 i get this

iez.gif

FF allows me to download to my preselected choice, but IE only does as you found, Run or cancel o_O

13. icr

icr Registered Member

Is it like you have to install it today or you can install on your computer at any given dayo_O

14. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Zemana dosent work with DW2.56 (Gizmo) on win xp home 32 bit...:( :( :(

15. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

o_O

XP Pro 32 bit here, Zemana running with DW v2.56, OA Premium, DataGuard, Avira AntiVir, MBAM, TrojanHunter and Prevx, all real-time

16. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

sorry my mistake,i check it and now see that zemana dosent work with Vipre AV

On Win & ultimate 32 bit Zemana and Vipre works like a charm,problems are(BSODS)on win XP home 32 bit

17. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Hi CloneRanger, and thanks for the input.
    I am running IE8.
    To be clear, almost all other software I am able to download to a location of choice, in other words, save the file.

18. Steven Avery

Steven Avery Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Do I want kernel changes ?
    How do i know that they will not cause troubles in some other way, shape or form ?

(I have downloaded and installed the freebie Zemana but have not rebooted and activated, so I also wonder when these changes are made.)

Shalom,
    Steven Avery

19. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Many security programs "hook" the kernel. That's how they are able to provide the low level monitoring necessary to catch the bad stuff. The question to ask is does a program do this without causing problems and uninstall cleanly down the road? I've used Zemana AL and it was well behaved on my system.

20. Steven Avery

Steven Avery Registered Member

Hi Folks,

Thanks. I guess "kernel change" sounds intimidating, but if they are simply going to a spot or two and asking for info, and then remove as cleanly as possible on uninstall, that is the nature of the XP system. I am used to mini-computer Op Sys that are super-protected.

Zamana seems to have a good reputation, so I will continue.

Shalom,
    Steven

21. demoneye

i don't trust Zemana since its a weak protection , which already tested by some member in here...so i skip it finally :)

22. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

to fully protect your system zemana is not what you want;)

23. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

True...
    Just checked

IE 8 offers me only to RUN it or cancel, that's odd.

And it's odd that yesterday I installed Zemana (Downloaded with Firefox) in my PC desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate 7 32 bit and in VMware Player with XP Mode, and I got two BSOD (both on Windows 7 and on XP ).
    I had to perform a system restore in Windows 7.
    Even if actually the faulting module doesn't seems to be Zemana, I do not think it is a coincidence.

It is a pity 'cause I think Zemana is a good software, perhaps some security software I use didn't like it for some reasons

Attached Files:

24. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@leofelix

Yeah wierd o_O

So is this.

rdyboost.sys http://www.faultwire.com/file_detail/rdyboost.sys*36754.html

Still think it's connected ?

Another strange that happend during my download tests for Page42, that i didn't mention. At some point doing the IE6 test, my speakers made some very loud odd squealing noises, the like i've never heard before :D Couldn't cancel the DL prompts and had to Ctl/Alt/Delete out of it o_O

No harm done, but wierd.

EDIT. Just wondering if the IE issues might be anything to do with Softpedia in some way ?

25. leofelix

leofelix Registered Member

Hi
    To be honest I do not know
    I've found several forums with a lot of people who are driving crazy thanks to the same BSOD apparently caused by ReadyBoost Driver in their Windows 7.
    And no solution could be provided as far as I know.

Less than one month ago I could get another 1 year Zemana license for free . But I had to uninstall it, 'cause of too many false positive detections.

That's funny: I never had a BSOD in Vista and in my PC with XP Pro.
    I had to wait for Windows 7 32 bit:rolleyes:

[EDIT] I have just tried to download Zemana Softpedia edition with Opera 10.50: Opera offers to run, save, cancel but cannot know if that file is safe (or this is my translation into english from italian ehm)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.