ZAPro 6.xxx

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rico, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi All,

I have the latest version of ZApro. ZA is always the last tray item to load, and can take forever to load. I told ZA to not watch my AV (not supported by ZA), I've turned off ZA's AS (used as an "on demand"). Also every once-in-awhile ZA won't load at boot-up, which generally requires pulling the plug, to reboot. When ZA misbehaves its always good after a reboot. Also Auto Lock, ID lock & cache clean are off. Also I have Ad Blocking at high

Issues:

1. Long time loading
    2. Occasional not loading
    3. Ad-Blocking often times, still requires saying no to an ad which, wants to run. prompted to allow/not allow ad. see pic. Should ZA's ad block high, stop this.

Thanks
    rico

Attached Files:

• ad.jpg
      ad.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I noticed starting with 6.1 that the GUI seems to take a long time to load on my machine also, longer than previous versions, however, I'm sure the service is loaded quite early in the startup process, so there's no exposure there.. just takes the GUI a while to finally load and appear in the tray. I also doubt there's anything you can do to change it unless one of the ZA experts here has a tip..

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Not answering you Rico but , to Kerodo's answer . You ARE certainly protected . Regardless of when it pops into the system tray

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, right you are Creature Hollywood.. :D

5. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

ZA comes in two components: The True Vector Engine(vsmon.exe) which is the very soul of ZA's firewall and the GUI(zlclient.exe). The system tray is part of the GUI.

The True Vector Engine is the very first to load up, even at the Windows Welcome/login screen since it starts as a service. The True Vector Engine blocks everything(inbound and outbound) unless told otherwise by zlclient.exe. When you login, zlclient.exe is usually the last process to load up and hence the late appearance of the system tray icon. However you are still protected while waiting for the GUI to load as the True Vector Engine is blocking any inbound connections and pausing outbound connections til it can receive instructions from zlclient.exe.

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Thanks hollywoodpc and unhappy_viewer for the confirmation on that. That is typically the case for most of the firewalls, for example Outpost and Kerio as well as others.

7. BILL G

BILL G Registered Member

I use ZAF Ver. 5.5 . At Startup as soon as the Taskbar shows up I RC on it,LC on Wind Task Manager Process. If I am fast I will see zonealarm exe for 1-2 seconds.What does it Do & Why does it Come & Go so fast?

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

During startup of the ZA GUI I now see a black screen for like 2 seconds and if I shutdown my machine the ZAclient will crash, very strange, but overall it´s a nice product. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.