ZAfree 2.6/3.7 Pros&Con

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zafan, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zafan

zafan Guest

Could those of you with more knowledge than I enlighten me about the similarities and differences of these versions.

What does one have that the other does not?(if any)

Does one use more resources than the other?

Is one easier to install/uninstall than the other?

These and any other comments from the great people at Wilders forums are greatly appreciated! :)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Feature-wise there are not a lot of compelling reasons to move from ZAF 2.6 to any of the ZAF 3.X versions. The primary changes have involved bug fixes and potential exploit related improvements. Functionally though, it is not much different. Resource usage did go up when the 3.X versions came out, but have been getting a little better with subsequent version releases.

The newer versions of all ZA products have improved the uninstaller, but, of course, if you have 2.6 installed now, that's the uninstaller you'll end up using if you decide to change or upgrade firewalls.

There should be a ZAF 4.0 release soon, I'd think, given that ZAP and ZA+ recently released their first 4.0 updates. It may be worth waiting to see what ZAF 4.0 brings with it, if it adds new features and continues to improve upon the resource usage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.