ZA Pro kills BT Widcomm and Internet connection

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Engine, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engine

Engine Guest

Hi folks,

I have an alternative internet connection using GPRS account on SE P900 via bluetooth (Widcomm). I have the latest ZA Pro (6.1.737.000) and Widcomm drivers & soft (5.0.1.801).

Today morning I was surfing net flawlessly until I checked ZA's antispyware update. It was checking significantly longer time than usually ending up with info the update can't connect to antispyware database ... or something like this. After that I discovered that my prime LAN internet connection was killed as BT connection was too. I couldn't disconnect BT connection. Only clue was to reboot computer. Strange is that before antispyware checking I checked own ZA Pro for updates without any problem.

I tried it again and unfortunately the same procedure => all internet connection (LAN and BT) was frozen and only a reboot had solved it. I remember that it occurred recently too (maybe around end of last week) but I didn't draw much importance then. But now I am sure that ZA antispyware check updater kills BT and internet. I noticed in ZA program control that when BT and internet had frozen svchost was active but don't know if it has any importance. It's worth noting that yesterday I had successfully updated antispyware definition to ....184.

It seems if ZA's update server is having any problem it kills my BT and complete internet connection.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Engine

2. Engine

Engine Guest

I approached ZA forum and it looks that ZA have serious problems with antispyware definition update ... a lot of users is plagued. They are having wide range of problems when trying to update AS. So I add my => update freezes my BT resulting to killing whole internet connection. Let's hope that ZA will quickly do their homework because apart this hitch, its product is simply best, at least as I rate it.

Just to inform you.
    Anyway any clue is still welcome.

Regards,
    Engine

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Engine,

Thanks for updating us on your ZAPro issue. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Regards,

CrazyM

4. Engine

Engine Guest

Hi CrazyM,

I add not only ZA Pro is plagued but all ZoneLabs products having included antispyware feature.

The latest recommendation from Zonelabs techgurus is to delete files *.ldb, *.rdb, *.log and *.tmp in Windows\Internet logs directory, restart ZA Pro and try to update its antispyware ... having read their forum, unfortunately this is not a clue for me and others.

Waiting for their next hints. But I reckon that an update of ZA products can be expected because this problem lasts for couple of days and apparently they are having problem to get it right on their side, I mean their update servers, so naturally they will also have to try to sort it out through software. But I trust them all the time.

Regards,
    Engine

5. unhappy_viewer

unhappy_viewer Registered Member

Not all of Zone Labs products have antispyware. ZA (free) and ZA Antivirus do not have the antispyware scanning module present.

As for your problem, ZA 6.0.667.000 and 6.1.737.000 were produced which solved most of the antispyware update problems ZA customers have. There may still be a few customers that have problems still and we're asked to redirect these people to Zone Labs Technical Support so that they can find out the reason as to why these customers still cannot update their antispyware component. Zone Labs Technical Support home page can be found here:
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/techSupport.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en&lid=ts_home

6. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

The new ver works fine for me and I just updated it 2 mins a go.

7. Engine

Engine Guest

Thanks viewer for your info.

You are absolutely right that this problem should be primarily discussed within ZonaLabs forum. But recognizing how many posts about their products are placed here I wanted to let readers know about this issue in belief that maybe someone not being on ZA forum but be here can help us, ZA users.

So, whatever help is appriciated.

Thanks and peace!
    Engine

8. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:eek: is there a way to get manualy updates

9. Engine

Engine Guest

beetlejuice69
    You are probably one of those not being affected. Congratulation.

Mr.Blaze
    Unfortunately not, it was already discussed at ZA forum and for the time being you can't get update other way than via internet.

I have got next advice => I will try to add to trusted zone avu.zonelabs.com (update server), maybe it can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.