ZA Pro & Ad Muncher

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by BEP, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEP

BEP Guest

Hi folks,

Is there any way to stop in ZA Pro Ad Muncher calling home by means of any expert rules? Or other possibility to reach that? Ad Muncher is a great app but I hate by the substance a calling home behaviour.

Thanks for your hints.
    BEP

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

The ZAP Privacy features, Ad Muncher as you call it, do not "phone home". Although ZL says it will "... Tracks hacker attempts and anonymously reports offenders to their ISPs". There are other features of ZAP that will contact a ZL server to download updates; Program Control, AntiSpyware. Also if you allow ZAP, it will send data on your program configuration, i.e. Trusted and Internet Zone settings and access permission settings, to ZL which is then compiled and used in configuring the Program Control settings that are sent to users.

3. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

I use Ad Muncher so I know it's merely checking for program/advert list updates; why wouldn't you want it to do this?

4. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

anyway you can disable this in Admuncher... so... o_O

Ciao
    Itsme

5. BEP

BEP Guest

Thanks for your comments. Originally I thought that Ad Muncher is "calling home" because I misread logs in Vizual Zone (BTW, great add-on for ZA Pro) but The Seeker is right, it checks for updates and validate a license key only. You are right Itsme that the update checker can be disabled but as for the licence validation you can't disable it. Once you connect to net Ad Muncher will connect its web where a key is checked. So conclusion is no real "calling home" like Prevx does. So don't bother and enjoy it.

Regards,
    BEP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.