ZA Plus v3.1258 Beta released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Paul Wilders, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

2. root

root Registered Member

Well, thanks for the offer, but no thanks.
    I'm happy with what I have.   :D

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

4. controler

controler Guest

Ok I am really really scratching my head on this one. Their job description is for someone with Very little software and OS experience but must be comfortable with editing the registry and be able to reinstall their OS if needed? LOL
    You gota like that one?

ZoneAlarm firewall, is seeking additional beta testers and is offering prizes as an incentive to bug hunters. Two top testers for the month of June will each receive a $500 gift certificate from Amazon.com.

The company is specifically looking for individuals with a minimum level of software and operating system expertise, and experience with multiple versions of ZoneAlarm. Testers must be willing to submit bug reports, be comfortable with editing the registry, and be able to reinstall the operating system if need be.

To become a Zone Labs beta tester, send a blank e-mail to betasignup@zonelabs.com. An automated response will provide specific instructions on how to apply.
    "

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

By minimal, based on the way its used, I believe they MEAN to say minimal as in "you must have above a certain minimum level of expertise"- but I do agree it's worded poorly.  :)

-javacool

6. root

root Registered Member

Posted by: MRBLAZE
    Posted on: Jun 4th, 2002, 10:23am

AND WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

Outpost, of course.  :D

Controler, actually I understand quit well what they are trying to say and accomplish. Since I have been beta testing Outpost, I have found out it is not for the timid. Also, to be a good beta tester, takes some work and dedication and definitly a good working knowlege of computers.
    So, as much as I'm not a ZA fan, I applaude their effort to produce and test a good product. I do hope, in the future, their uninstall routine includes a thorough cleaning of the registry, so the operators don't have to.
    I do wonder at the wisdom of monetary rewards for top testers. That would almost always have to be a very subjective decision, assuming there is any competition at all.
    Just my thoughts.

7. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I believe two winners will be chosen randomly from the beta testers.

8. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

so in other words one of their freinds.

9. Checkout

That's really very naughty, Uni.  I may have to tell your nurse that the medication's worn off again.

10. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

lol well what would you think if you were told microsoft was going to give some cash to someone witrh absolutely no criteria regarding the decision made public at all?

You'd assume that with no criteria, there is nothing stopping them from keeping the money close. Use the money like a carrot under the nose of people to get what they want, then give it to someone who they had planned on paying for other reasons.

buy two birds with one stone.

Economics 101

11. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Such a jaded outlook from one so young! (Sigh)

Pete, on the other hand, envisions the following scenario:

The ZoneAlarm Official Beta Tester Evaluation Forum, after a 48-hour marathon session of judging, soul-searching (maybe some self-flaggelation thrown in), horoscope reading and a couple of tosses of the bones, finally comes up with two perfect (split-personality newbie registry guru) candidates and award THEM the $500 at the conclusion of the Superbowl on live TV!

One is Art, a recently-laid-off bricklayer who tearfully proclaims (yeah, Atr's a sensitive guy) "Thanks to ZoneLabs, my rent will be paid for another week!" (Yeah, Art lives in California).

The second winner is Mrs. Williams, 83, who smiles mindlessly and drools while avaricious family members lurk in the background (check her local paper for her upcoming obituary and the police investigation into the suspicious circumstances surrounding her death).

:D Pete

12. Checkout

And the Weirdest Moderator award of 2001 goes to...er...hmm!  Tough choice here!   :D

13. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

lol!

(a) it's 2002, not 2001

(b) I'm shooting for the 'Hall of Fame' - not just the yearly award

(c) I'll try to stay on topic - what was the topic again? Pete

14. Checkout

(a) 2002 isn't over yet.  Awards are always for the previous year, you silly!

(b) The hall of fame is still under destruction

(c) The topic was industrial strength washable condoms, and you know it, you silly!

(d) There is no (d) you silly!

(e) Unicron, you silly!

:D

15. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Seems like Captain Morgan has visited the two of you lately.

Pete:

That was tres funny. Overall perhaps your funniest post ever (well since I have been here).

Checky:

Can I use that? Sounds like my life ;)

16. Checkout

Nah - it was that Russian guy!   :D

17. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:D Thanks guys! I needed a good ROFLOL! Better than a well-built masseuse! On topic? I found it in a little box over there. It's threatening when they say things like will need to know how to replace OS! Makes me RUN....SCREAMING! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.