ZA or Norton?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ElvisIsBack, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElvisIsBack

ElvisIsBack Guest

How does Zone Alarm with Anti-virus compare with other virus prevention programs? Their firewall is probably the best out there. I'm thinking of changing over from Norton when my subscription ends.

2. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I've never used Nortons and probably never will because I know there is far better AV solutions out there today on the market. But the question here lies on your surfing habbits as well. If your just a normal regular surfer to me both will do the job and so will a free one like Avast or AVG. I know the ZA with AV uses the VET Engine from Computer Associates same with alot of other ZA products that has built in AV. Apparently this is meant to be a very good engine and also quite light as well in terms of resources, prob lighter than Nortons. Also its detection rate is also meant to be very good, but though I've heard they say Avast is better.

Just a personal Q here, are you looking for a one in all security suite solution, if not why not try or look at the ZA Security Suite if not Bitdefender 9 Internet Security or Bitdefender Pro 9. The BD engine and heuristics is also meant to be excellent and probably in the top 5 AV out there. Also why not try KAV (Kaspersky) Personal Secruity Suite which is another top notch product. They did a review here in Australia on the ZA ISS and it scored 9.5/10. But than again a review is a review and everyone reviews their products differently.

3. Hi Elvis

Hi Elvis Guest

Just saw a new test of securitysuites in German Chip magazine.

1.G Data InternetSecurity 2006
    2.Bitdefender Internet Security 9
    3.Kaspersky Security Suite Personal 2006

Zone Alarm had the best firewall but did very poor on trojan recognition.

You can find the complete test here:

http://www.chip.de/artikel/c1_artikel_18192417.html?tid1=29117&tid2=0

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Hearsay based on anecdotal stories from others unless you've tried a recent release such as 2005 or 2006. As far as tests are concerned major testing organizations find it to be quite good.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  5. Oldjim

Oldjim Registered Member

They aren't checking KIS 2006 but the earlier retail version which isn't fully integrated.
    The new version which is still in beta is much better and is only a couple of months away from full release

6. donsan

donsan Registered Member

i have nis 2006 on one of my computers and kis 5.0 on the other and i have to say nis 2006 seems to be a excellent product no slow downs to speak of and it does update every day even on weekends to me nis2006 runs as good as kis 5.0.ZA was always a pain in the butt for me.

7. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Ditto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.