ZA at start

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by claire, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claire

claire Guest

Hi everybody,
    How can I have ZAfree running as first prog when I start my computer?For the time beeing,a lot of other
    prog(NOD32,Trojan Hunter and so on) start before ZA
    and I assume that doing so they are not controled
    by ZA?Any detailed solution would be appreciated :D

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Claire - Start-up order as far as the programs you're mentioning goes isn't an issue (you trust those programs, for one thing, right?).

And, yes, ZA does control those programs, regardless of start up order. The first time you set ZA up, you had to set permissions for those programs to connect, did you not? For them to update?

The only firewall I've ever seen that absolutely knocked everything else out of the way and always started first in SYSTRAY on both my WinMe and W98SE computers was Tiny Personal firewall. I don't know how they managed that, but I wish they would pass the info along to LnS! :)

As I said before in another thread, even changing the thread priority for your firewall won't help as far as where it loads, time-wise. Maybe someone else knows of a program that can do this for you - a safe program, that is! Pete

3. claire

claire Guest

Many thanks for your quick answer
    You reassured me
    Sorry for asking a stupid question(I am a newbee )
    Have a nice day  :D

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

No problem, you're welcome and it wasn't a stupid question at all - I wish I knew how to change the start-up order safely and effectively myself - I'd do it, too, just so it would be like I want it! :) Pete

5. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Tiny starts as a Windows service, so it beats most other programs while the machine reboots. You could edit the registry to make ZA start as a service, but a newbie would be better off leaving  it alone.

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Just a small note to clarify:

The part of ZA (i.e. the icon in the taskbar) that loads "late" is only the user interface.

The actual drivers that control programs accessing the internet, etc. are loaded long before then.  :)

-javacool

7. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I've just noticed that TrueVector runs as a Windows Service, FWIW.

8. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Ja, tiny and kerio load before you even log in on a w2k box. There is no way any application could ever load that early. There ARE ways to run applications as services but you better know what you are doing.

www.firedaemon.com is a good place to start learning about it. Don't try to do it with TDS-3, it doesn't work properly. (I spent more hours trying than any of you ought to ;))

don't be afraid of this guy when you get there, they are legit.
    http://www.firedaemon.com/fdhead.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.