ZA and 6T04 Network adaptor

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by ellison64, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive noticed that upon installation of ZA pro on vista 32 machine a new network adaptor appears in device manager that is unable to start called 6T04 (i dont nkow whether this alos happens with the free version?).It seems the only way to remove this entry is by enabling IPv6 networking in firewall >advanced.Any ZA users know why this adaptor suddenly appears? and is there any security issues allowing Ipv6 as its off by default.
    tia
    ellison

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. fax

fax Registered Member

Hi!
    if you google it there are several articles about the 6T04 (IPv6-to-IPv4 conversion layer). Its a well known issue on VISTA, to ignore.
    One link for all, here

Fax

3. ellison64

Hi Fax..
    I already googled before i posted .However It is the installation of ZA that is causing the problem by blocking Ipv6 by default and causing the adaptor to show an error.The adaptor is normally hidden when working correctly .Ive peformed a search of that adapter in ZA forums but theres no mention of it.Allowing Ipv6 in ZA firewall >advanced fixes the issue and the adapter no longer shows the exclamation mark and is working correctly (you need to click view>show hidden devices to see the correctly functioning adaptor).So does enabling IPV6 cause any security problems? ,and if not why is it off by default in ZA and causing the error?
    ellison

4. fax

fax Registered Member

ZA supersedes all TCP/IP traffic and monitor at kernel level a number of behaviours of the system, this is why you see the error due to the fact that IPV6 is disabled in ZA (you will need to ask ZA directly to know why this is OFF by default).

Are you on IPV6? If not you can safely disable the adapter or ignore the warning. If you are on IPV6 then turn it on in ZA. There are no security issue whatsoever in keeping this ON. On the contrary, ZA will filter IPV6 traffic (if any, if ever).

Fax

5. ellison64

Hi Fax..
    Thanks for the info.Ill leave IPv6 enabled as it fixes the issue with the adaptor.Ill contact Za ...if its easy to do.
    ellison

6. fax

fax Registered Member

If you are a licensed user you can text chat with them here, they are online now.

Fax

7. ellison64

I already have :)..To a person called Debbie.I dont know why though ,but i always get the impression with live chats that nothing is usally done ,compared to email correspondence.It does seem to be the only way to contact them though other than phone which is a pity.
    ellison

8. fax

fax Registered Member

Then wait when they are offline (except WE) and you will get to a web form followed by an e-mail to follow up. You have live chat or offline webform/e-mail or phone. You may not like the answer but plenty of choice to contact them.

What was the answer??

Fax

9. ellison64

Hi Fax...
    She said she,d mention it and see if it could be implemented in a future update.
    ellison

10. fax

fax Registered Member

Thanks! :)

11. ellison64

How do you turn it on in the free version?,as theres no advanced option to change it.
    ellison

12. fax

fax Registered Member

You mean the support to IPV6?
    As far as I know... No, there is no option in the free version. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.