YUMI And "Error 27: Unrecognized command."

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aladdin, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

YUMI And "Error 27: Unrecognized command."

Dear Nate,

Thanks for such nice explanation in PM. I have no problem using xBoot and adding all my WinPE and Linux ISOs to it.

However, when it comes to YUMI. The Linux ISOs which are listed in the menu work. However, when I install the WinPE ISOs, they don't work. It gives the following error:

"Error 27: Unrecognized command."

On Google, the error has to do with menu.lst. I cannot upload this file for you in PM. I have opened this thread and upload here, so that you can have a look.

The ISO is under the directory, Mulitboot/ISOS

Best regards,

KOR!

P.S. I have renamed the menu.lst to menu.txt for uploading purpose!

Attached Files:

• menu.txt
      File size:
      734 bytes
      Views:
  2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I am not completely sure what the issue is. I do know that there were changes in this latest build that would have caused boot errors unless you formatted your drive before using (or followed the instructions I gave you). That could be the issue. Also possible is that there is something special to the Macrium Reflect PE discs that others don't have. I have no idea about that as I only use custom built discs.

All custom DVDs, when added to Yumi, are put in Mulitboot/ISOS, all entries made to menu.lst. So we know that the ISO is being copied right. And the menu.lst appears to be correct. If that is true, process of elimination says it's the PE disc. Try anther PE disc (if you can) to see if that's the issue.

Below is my menu.lst file

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  3. aladdin

Dear Nate,

I did format with FAT32 and tried it but it didn't work. And, also tried it with formatting YUMI. Still didn't work. Tried, Macrium, IFL and Paragon ISOs, but none worked. Separately and together.

I am trying to find the earlier v0.0.6.1 to try it but haven't been able to. The new version is basically very different and says as such:

Do you happen to have the earlier v0.0.6.1?

Best regards,

KOR!

4. aladdin

Tried v0.0.6.1 with IFL ISO and still the same error!

Best regards,

KOR!

5. n8chavez

I really don't know what the issue could be. I just tried booting IFL using Yumi 0.6.2 and had no problems at all. The only thing I can suggest is that you reformat your drive (completely erase everything) and start over. If the issue was Yumi I'd be having similar issues. If the issue was IFW then I'd be having similar issues. But I'm not. You could try reformating and starting over, or you could try using my menu.lst file and just editing it to fit the names of you ISOs.

The issue has to be on your end since I cannot replicate any of the errors you've been getting.

6. aladdin

Dear Nate,

Found the error and the solution. If an ISO is named "TeraByte IFW" with a space between the two words, "TeraByte IFW", it doesn't work. But if it is renamed as "TeraByteIFW" with no space between two words or as ""TeraByte_IFW" than it works.

Problem solved!

Best regards,

KOR!

P.S. For xBoot it doesn't matter.

7. n8chavez

Ok. That's some good information to file away. I would have never guessed that because I name my ISO "IFL."

8. aladdin

Dear Nate,

It is from the menu.lst you posted above, I figured it out. You have two ISOs in the menu.lst, IFL.ISO and Win7Rescue.ISO. Looking at Win7Rescue.ISO, I saw there were no spaces in it, so I decided to try without the spaces.

Many thanks for being so kind, helping me and teaching me.

Best regards,

KOR! (Mohamed).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.