Your recommendation btw Norton 2007 and Pc-Cillin 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larouse, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saw11_2000

Saw11_2000 Registered Member

2. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Are you kidding with that answer, can you give some insight as to why you would say Trend, my guess is the person that started this thread would like to know why you would suggest trend over symantec. personally i do not agree with your suggestion but you are entitled to your response. symantec has a better anti-virus engine, trend has a better firewall. I dont know how symantec runs anymore if it is still very heavy and slows down computer also i dont know if it is still impossible to remove from ones computer, i have not had norton software installed on my computer since 2004 except ghost. As far as trend i know i tried it a while back i cant remember how long ago, but i do remember after installing it my computer never worked the same, wether or not this was caused by trend i cant say, all i can say is i will never take a chance installing their software again unless i am willing to reformat my system.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

You will be impressed by the new norton av 2007, its resource use has improved a lot. That combined with is excellent virus detection the new version is pretty damn good.

4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

No AV will work perfectly on everyone's pc, there's allways some PCs which specific AVs dont agree with (or the user didnt install/configure it correctly). I had Norton Internet Security 2006 on my laptop (because it came installed)... didnt have any problems with using it or uninstaling it either, also wasnt a resource hog (as alot of people say the opposit, purley because thats what they heard in other forums, so they say it as well without ever using it)... even used it for a few months with no problems!... then the licence ran out. I uninstalled using the Norton uninstaling guide, didnt have to download any additional programs to aid uninstalling it and then installed KIS (Kaspersky) with no problems. Looks to me like Norton got their act together last year, 07 must be half-decent as well.

5. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Just had a look at norton's website... intresting the way it shows NAV 2007 got the following awards:
    Thats funny, never knew NAV2007 out in Feb.2005! o_O

6. mannagills

mannagills Registered Member

I have tried the 2007 versions of both and I prefer NIS. It is simpler and runs lighter. I prefer the new NIS interface over Trend. Trend does have some additional features that NIS does not. I would try them both if I were you.

7. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Ofcourse norton will be my choice as well,with improved memory usage,their detection-rates have been improving all the time and its firewall is best among security suites..
    But i have been deeply affected by the experience of atomic-ed.If norton has limited the number of times one can activate it,than its not for hardcore beta-testers like me..
    I among many others here keep trying different firewalls,AV's,AS's and what not...
    So,which leads to situation where i don't have the same security setup through-out a single week leave alone a month or year.

As for pc-cillin the firewall and proactive have been a very welcome change in pc-cillin 2007.
    But,i have heard that pc-cillin in traditionally not great at detecting trojans and related stuff.
    Also,pc-cillin is causing high memory usage in many pc's,so u need to try it b4 buying it.

8. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I would vote for norton if you want set and forget it security. Norton internet security does not bother user to make any decisions. I would consider it as a pc security on auto pilot. pc cillin on the other hand is good but i find some are having some issues with resources. I find it is more interefering than norton and quite a few decisions are to be made by user. Please correct me if i am wrong.

9. kjbill

kjbill Registered Member

The only thing that has not improved with the new Norton Internet Security 2007 is CUSTOMER SUPPORT. They don't get back to you soon and they want more money to help you.
    If they improve CUSTOMER SUPPORT and stop asking for more money to help you, I can see Norton coming back as a strong contender. Otherwise, I would stay away from it.
    just my two cents from experience...

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.