Your NEW BEST Free Softwares Anti-Malware and Windows cleaners ...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PROROOTECT, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

2. PROROOTECT

:argh: Easter!

For you: hpObserver v0.5.1: http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Products&p=hpobserver Release Date: 21/02/2009. - allows you to monitor networks and websites (= IP's ). Send URL to Browser Defender, Exploit Labs Link Scanner, Malware Domain List and more and more ...

Index.dat Suite v2.10.1: http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Products&p=index.datsuite Delete and allows you to view index.dat files ... and more ...

OpenedFilesView v1.30 from Nirsoft: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/opened_files_view.html To view your index.dat files, and more ...

... and How to prevent Virut: http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Entry.aspx?name=Win32/Virut

PROROOTECT:thumb: :isay:

3. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

From NirSoft the newest and very useful and powerful tool: SearchMyFiles (38 kb only...). Using here with pleasure the excellent CleanAfterMe (37 kb...).

With your permission, PROROOTECT. :oops: :thumb:

4. PROROOTECT

Thanks MajoMo!

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""My digital children from NIRSOFT"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

NEW version of AlternateStreamView v1.05: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/alternate_data_streams.html View/Copy/Delete yours ADS - Alternate Data Streams! ( attention for your Favorites - it is normal! ).

ShellExView
    RegDllView
    OpenedFilesView
    ShellBagsView
    AlternateStreamView
    CurrPorts

... for now ...:argh:

5. PROROOTECT

6. PROROOTECT

PS.
    After the deletion of the Streams MRU, and Restart of Windows, please make right click on the Quick Launch toolbar/Tools toolbar/Quick Launch so your quick launch Chevrons reappear as before. With your icons in alphabetical order.
    And your icons on the desktop are also in beautiful alphabetical order.

And My Documents folder: files in ... yes, in alphabetical order!

ORDER be must!:argh:

THAT's all. :thumb:

7. PROROOTECT

Today your NEW Updates, look:

@ USBDeview v1.35 from NirSoft;New Update: February 23, 2009: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

@ CCleaner v2.17.853 from Piriform; New Update: February 27, 2009: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Alternate download = from Piriform. Deselect: Add CCleaner Yahoo! Toolbar ... if you ask ...Added wiping of disk free space (in Advanced); Interface changes.

@ And for direct security of your PC Processor, try Core Temp v0.99.4.65, New Update: February 19, 2009: http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ from Arthur! Small program to monitor CPU temperature; completely rewritten base code, available in 32 and 64 Bit versions ... The MUST!

All 4 softwares: the MUST for you and me.

Have a Nice Day!:thumb:

PROROOTECT

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  8. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thank you

9. PROROOTECT

NEVER use the button: 'Clean StreamMRU/Streams keys' on RegSeeker !!! Please.

- But Windows works not well after the restart of session or restart of Windows. This is problem of arrangement of icons on the Desktop and problem of disappear of Quick Launch Bar ( with the chevrons already ...). This is NOT MEMORIZED by Windows after the restart of session or restart of Windows.

To tell the truth, with help of Backup, RegSeeker got the streams which are reappears again in the ShellBagsView; in my case 405 streams. But RegSeeker was erased 1330 addresses in the Registry ... I do not understand, where this difference. Yes, RegSeeker's Backup works, but Windows does not understand?..

Fortunately I could use my Restore point ( to return my Windows XP to previous happy life ) which I did BEFORE the Armageddon!

Yes, I'm after the Armageddon - and I'm alive! And you?..

Perhaps you, you understand the case of underground and unsympathetic connections Streams MRU - RegSeeker - Windows ...

Yours HORROR PROROOTECT , Stranger In A Foreign Land of dreams :isay::thumb:

PS. RegSeeker is VERY good - except this StreamMRU/Streams keys button.

10. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hi Pro, its a well known fact that the reg. cleaning in regseeker is harsh and indiscriminate,on the other hand the search function in it is second to none.

11. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Thanks Huupi - I have been using Regseeker for years and hadn't realized how dangerous it was. I guess the fact that nothing has ever gone wrong misled me into thinking it was safe. Now that I know I wonder if it will start to cause me problems :rolleyes:

Edit : Blast Regseeker now appears to be broken. I just ran to the program to see if it was dangerous and it found nothing to remove. I do hate clean machines.

12. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Eventually its stop searching for anything that can kill you,it found nothing so i guess its sad now ! LOL :D

13. PROROOTECT

:thumb: OK. Huupi, OK. Long View, I abandoned RegSeeker, which I have always used!

I returned with confidence to WISE Registry Cleaner 4 Free, NEW version 4.13; setup 2.76 Mb: http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html

I remember the version 3, which was really good. She allways founded the same thing as Windows Live Care, but I choosed what to remove and what to leave. This was not the case with Live Care from Microsoft, which cleaned up without me asking.
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    Now, little gift for you and everyone, your new essential tool, look:

@ LinkScanner Lite; http://www.explabs.com/products/lslite.asp from Exploit Prevention Labs

Yours PROROOTECT:thumb:

14. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

In fact CCleaner does the same annoyance as found by mantra in this topic (see #9). CCleaner and RegSeeker like to delete «...\StreamMRU» and «...\Stream» entries. Unlike they do it's adviced (to clean the folders information) to clean «...\ShellNoRoam\'Bags» keys only. Better is to follow EASTER'suggestion in this post to clean the ShellBagsView entries.

In my cleaner, Eusing Windows Washer I did this customized clean item:

[Folders Settings]
    RegKey1=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU,
    RegKey2=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags,

Because RegSeeker likes to be overly aggressive... The difference is: RegSeeker deletes «Stream's» and... «ShellNoRoam» Bag's...

I use ERUNT only. No Restore point... Registry cleaners: the freewares Eusing and MV RegClean.

15. PROROOTECT

My WISE Registry Cleaner, after clean of CCleaner, has 80 items: many many ShellNoRoam/MUICache. OF witch 4 not recommended. Windows Live Care deleted allways this same keys not recommended in Wise.

After MRU-Blaster fix (32 items), and Advanced SystemCare PRO fix ( many edb... .log; 9.79 MB) - 80 items already.

On Wise setup: no notch Ask Toolbar ... I have in Options/Style: 'Cool Black'! COOL!

16. RAD

RAD Registered Member

The Live Onecare cleaner DOES give the option of what to clean or ignore. maybe it just wasn't obvious, because you have tyo click the more details icon in front of each category. You can then select each item individually.

I like the Auslogic cleaner and the CCleaner...but I didn'ty go through with all their recommedations on either. Only a very small number of items that I knew for certain were obsolete.

The Wise cleaner wouldn't install without also installing the Ask Toolbar...so I aborted it. Unchecking the box disables the "next" button.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

@PROROOTECT

Thanks for the special mention and courtesy, but you'll find from many of my past posts that i already frequent then report on all the great (assembly compiled) utilities NIRSOFT so generously offers, but nothing wrong with reminders for others sakes who have yet to experience those extraordinary tools, to be introduced to them for the first time themselves.

(PS: Been using NIRSOFTS since Windows 98 )

Nirsoft :thumb:

18. PROROOTECT

Hi EASTER of course NIRSOFT Rocks!

In my collection NirSoft also: USBDeview, ActiveX Compatibility Manager and ActiveX Helper. I have 9 softwares from NirSoft. To be continued ...:argh:

PRO

19. PROROOTECT

Hi RAD,

Make the download again ...

The first page in setup of WISE Registry Cleaner - speaks of 'Ask Toolbar', with the option to uncheck the box. I do not 'Ask Toolbar', I have unchecked this box.

WISE: Beautiful style Cool Black!.. :argh:

Now, I plan to (eventually) make cleaning 1 time per week, and I do not want to lose my life with non-stop cleaning!

Keep Safe!

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

TIP to save time in Favorites: making Folders, and to put Links in the Folders - use Right Click: Cut / Paste.

Good thinking, my dear Watson!

20. PROROOTECT

DO NOT BE INFLUENCED by propaganda for firewalls.
    As long as all PORTS are CLOSED, you do not worry you do.

Seconfig XP download: http://seconfig.sytes.net/?sv=1.1 A FREE tool to close (not just shield) most exploited Windows security holes.
    Click 'For home', and 'Apply'.
    I have all cases notched, except 'Disable RPC over TCP/IP'. This is a gift for :thumb:Steve Networks.

Yeah! PROROOTECT:thumb:

Go search the frogs in the ponds, like me.:thumb:

21. PROROOTECT

MajoMo, majoMo, majoMo ... he sings, your nick:argh:

Thank you very very much for your explications. I finally understood ...:thumb:

One gift for you: Privacy Mantra Free with deletion of index.dat: http://www.codeode.com/privacymantra/index.html

PROROOTECT

22. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Weird ! I did try that. But on mine, if I uncheck the "As Toolbar" option box, it also immediately disables the "accept EULA Agreement" box and the "Next" button.
    I'll try again tonight.

UPDATE: I just tried to download it (from the link above) to my work computer, and the Wise website freezes IE7. Something funny going on over there. Update: happened twice. ??

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  23. PROROOTECT

RAD, clean your Temporary Internet files etc. Delete all, all ...

24. PROROOTECT

25. RAD

RAD Registered Member

Well, I just tried to install the Wise Registry Cleaner again, at home, and this time it worked perfectly. I don't know what my problem was before. I plead stupidity.

Anyway, it really does look like my favorite Reg Cleaner, because it gives you a lot of info about each Reg Key that it chooses as "safe to deleate". It also makes full registry backups with on click.

I am still too timid to accept all its recommendations, but it seems like avery good program.

Thanks !!

UPDATE: Before I start using a program, I am paranoid enougfh that I like to make sure there are some real people at a real place you can contact if there is really a problem. So I got suspicious when I couldn't find anything about who 'Wisecleaner" really is or where they are located at their website.
    I little further digging revealed this:
    WiseCleaner.com
    No.2 XinGuan Road
    GeJiu
    YunNan 661000
    China

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.