Your main browser

Discussion in 'polls' started by JayK, Feb 29, 2004.

?

What is your favourite internet browser?

1. Microsoft Internet Explorer

32 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. A IE shell (eg Myie2, Avant,greenbrowser,netcaptor)

8 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Opera

23 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Phonex/Firebird/Firefox

39 vote(s)
    33.9%
  5. Mozilla suite (Seamonkey) include Netscape 7+

11 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Safari

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. Camino, K-melon or other Gecko browser

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Others (Lynx,konqueror,Netscape 6 and below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Opera 7.50 is my main browser.
    I use Firefox quite a bit though.

2. hlh70cloud99

hlh70cloud99 Registered Member

Firefox for main browser.
    I also like MyIE2. :D

3. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

I have only ever had IE because it just happened to be preinstalled and never have had to make a choice. :rolleyes:

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Merlin Magician,

Your post was removed, because it was offensive.

Regards,

Pieter

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Internet Explorer....cos I wouldn't have a clue how to use anything else...in fact, still not quite sure how to use that!!!!.......all those other browsers appear Black and Furry and Oi be afeared of 'em. :D :D

Is there any kind of prize for admitting to using IE and OE.....

Cochise, :cool: (Always open to ridicule) :cool: :D :D

6. snipedog

snipedog Guest

Cochise

Firefox is extremely easy to use and is setup very similar to IE. I would recommend you try it. It is so much safer than IE. I was somewhat afraid to try it at one time, but believe me if i can figure it out anyone can. You don't have to set it as your main browser if you don't want to, so you can still use IE. I still use IE myself sometimes, but prefer Firefox now.

7. Magica

Magica Registered Member

I use IE. There was Netscape on this pc too but I uninstalled it among with other programms because I tried to make more space in the hard disk. Netscape would show me the pages differently and it was set as the main browser (by the person who gave me this old old pc--->my bro).

- I didnt and still dont know how to set a browser as main o_O .
    - I wouldnt know where to get other browsers :D .
    - I havent got the slightest idea about the faults of IE :oops:
    - Computers and Internet are a big mystery :cool: .

So, I hope this was a lucid reply to the poll ;)

8. saxmachine

saxmachine Guest

Hi Magica

Using a second browser like Firefox is not very difficult at all. If you can use Internet Explorer (and you donot have to be an expert) you can use another browser like Mozilla Firefox. They are setup very similarly. As far as it being your main browser it will ask you if you want it to be as you are installing it, just say yes or no, depending on what you prefer. You can always change it later (In Firefox) by going to Tools> Options> click the general tab> choose set default browser. This will set Firefox to be your default browser if you chose no during setup (which is what i did). You can download Mozilla Firefox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ just click on download now (which is below the word Mozilla in upper left of page) choose save to desktop, and download it.

I would suggest looking around here a bit as you will find alot of info about computer and internet security. And don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what the forum is for. Good luck.

9. Riverwind

Riverwind Guest

Well Mozilla has improved a lot since the old Netscape days. Even Netscape 7.1 is full of crap compared to mozilla even though the latter is based on it.

10. Magica

Magica Registered Member

Thanks guys for the replies. I still havent understood though, what is wrong with IE and why one should not use it. I mean, I do believe you, I just would like to know why (in the simplest way possible). When I view the statistics of my website, 83% of the visitors use MSIE 6.0, that could be relative though (i might be the only one viewing my homepage :D .

Thanks Saxman, I ve been having so many questions about so many computer things. I ve been reading here and there, not always understanding...

Riverwind, "full of crap" is a very vague term for my mind... If you could be more specific... :rolleyes: I dont like netscape , because I dont want to learn its html :D tags! j/k Which brings about a new subject. Do all browsers recognize html tags in the same way, or all the tags at all? Oh no, when the questions start arising in my mind, they never stop..

greetings to everyone

11. ronny

ronny Registered Member

Because i am a bit lazy and no pcexpert ,i use IE6. :oops:
    But i have opera , mozilla1.6, avantbrowser and fastbrowser installed.You see i am learning how they work, so i ,can finally make my choice.
    I have to say that when IE let me down (again), opera or the others DIDN't ;) . I also have the impression that IE is not the fastest!
    Too bad that there are sites where you HAVE to use IE :mad:
    So i didn't vote yet.

Now i would like you all a question: What is the difference between Mozilla 1.6 and firefox0.8?
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  12. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  13. Riverwind

Riverwind Guest

Well

1) 99.999% of spyware/adware is targetted at IE.

2) At any one time there are at least 2-3 known exploits with IE that can remotely execute any file simply by visiting the site.

Bundled with a lot of useless AOL crap for one.

You must be kidding me. Are you a webmaster? For you to ask this question, I presume you only know basic html (no css, no dhtml etc), in such a case, you won't notice the difference.

W3C dedicates the standards for html. Unfortunately, no browser, has full support for them (eg CSS2). Mozilla comes very close, so does OPera.

IE doesn't and is known to support many html tags that are unique only to itself. Because many beginner webmasters don't know better, they use MS products like say Frontpage which automatically add IE only html tags and methods which display very badly in other browsers for obvious reasons.

Also these same webmasters often don't do proper html, butr just use IE to view them to see if they are okay. Because such html is not well formed and standard, different browsers will display them differently (the standard only tells you how you should display html when they are properly done!)

14. Magica

Magica Registered Member

Firstly, thanks to 10390bc. I ll go through the links you provided.
    Then, thanks to Riverwind. I am sorry if you thought I am an expert or something. I just admire computers and try to approach them in a gentle way so that I might be able to understand them one day. I guess the "big computer secrets" will remain a mystery for humble pc users like myself. :)

15. Azn_Tweaker

Azn_Tweaker Registered Member

Hi.

i got Mircosoft Internet Explorer :)

16. 808chick

808chick Registered Member

I have both Opera & Mozilla, but I like Opera better. I like the fact that when I'm browsing multiple web pages, it's not all hiding beneath one another. It's all there at the top, with its own tab. (Oh yeah, & I have the dreaded IE6 also. I think only my mom & bro uses it. The downfall of a family computer!! :p.)

17. LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp Registered Member

At Luthor corp we use both Mozilla (Firefox) and Opera browsers. But the latter is preferred.

18. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

19. Spy Killer

Spy Killer Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I like Firefox browser. FF dose not load activex contoller like Explorer has spyware and ad-aware on the computer. Ever since I downlod and install Firefox I had no spyware or ad-aware on my computer.

[MOVE]Firefox is the best browser becuse Exlporer has $ecurity hole$ thank$ Bill Gate$[/MOVE]

20. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

My main browser is firefox. I use IE for windows update only.

21. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

I have firefox installed but mainly use Mozilla suite because I like the security of the master password for use in remembered site username and passwords.
    IMHO you cannot go wrong by using either.

22. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Guess!!! :cool:

TAS

Attached Files:

23. Justhelping

Justhelping Guest

??Firefox has a mater password too.

24. Cyber Surfer

Cyber Surfer Registered Member

I use Avant and Firefox.

25. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I had to vote Internet Explorer, only because I use it the most and it's always in my face on my machine. The most handy. But guess what I am using at this very moment.....NETSCAPE 7.2 LOL....LOL :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.