You Tube Help Please

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by arran, Aug 26, 2017.

1. arran

arran Registered Member

Hi for some weird reason sometimes my comments that I post on you tube videos don't show up in public. If I log into my account I can see the the comments I have posted but when I log out of my account they don't show up in public. it seems to be random, sometimes they do show up sometimes not.

Why is this how do I fix?

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Google have messed with the YouTube comments system so much that it is now practically broken. YouTube filters comments and marks many of them as spam and they have to be approved by the video uploader before they will appear in public. The video uploaders are often not aware these filtered comments are not appearing in the old youtube inbox but are in their google+ account. So they don't approve them so they never appear in public.
    The commenters themselves usually dont realize it either because like you said, your comments appear to be posted but only you can see them.
    This is probably just another sneaky way for the establishment to intervene in what had become a forum where people could use their own media and freely express their opinions and if there's one thing the establishment cant abide, it's a forum where the people can do that. Google has been trying interfere with it ever since they acquired YouTube. For the longest time they were trying to take away the youtubers original psudonym usernames to force them to use their real names so they would not feel that same freedom to express opinions or post video about controversial issues that they might if they felt they had anonymity, so it should come as no surprise to anyone to learn that Google has fixed it so when you post a comment no one can read it except you and there is really nothing much you can do about it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.