You Broke It, You Fix It

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Wired

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Now here's an article I can relate to!

It's not easy being confronted with so much on the plate when you're a noob. For me it was "swim or sink!"
    It is nice though if you have a computer literate friend around to show you a couple of things, or whom to ask questions.....
    but when that's not available,
    are essential. With good instructions and a patient soul on the line,
    the "fix it myself" confidence boost can be astounding!

I get bummed just thinking about it, 2-3 wks with turnaround? Uh-ah! Not if I can help it...
    Not if I can be up and running inside five or so days. But if the problem is bigger than that, it's OK.
    Life still has plenty to offer. :D

It's not for everyone. With all the time constraints we face in today's society,
    it's tough for even the most dedicated multi-tasker.....

With good, informed support from your pc manufacturer, a sound and proven ISP (with reputable service support),
    and good system protection, anyone can be on their way towards an enjoyable and rewarding web experience.
    Even if you're not, "a do it yourselfer".

GF

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

One of HP's repair options has been self repair for a while now. They have Hdd replacement kits that make it very easy even for a fairly new user. If you wantto do a Hdd replacement instead of sending your comp in for repair they will jump your gigabyte size up as an incentive. Personally I like the idea of self repair as an option, but only as an option not as the default program.

bigc

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Since my systems (the last few of them, anyway) have been from my local OEM-dealer, that's the obvious place for service work, especially since they're very reliable and charges are quite reasonable. And tossing the tower into the back seat of a taxi beats the heck out of cushioned-armor-plate shipping materials, plus we're there in 10 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.