YesShield - SD clone ?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by abu shofwan, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I'm using Win8-64bit. I found that after installer YesShield, most of my USB drives no longer worked. Had to uninstall the program for now.

2. guest

guest Guest

or Hitman pro with Zemana Antilogger

3. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

Doesn't matter now
    I bought myself a Shadow Defender License since YesShield is an older SD version
    Now i just have to learn how to use it effectively:)

4. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

Does anyone else also think that YesShield is a crap name? No imagination there at all.

5. CyberMan969

You only had to look at the unofficial SD forum here at Wilders where I have posted the following link a few times:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k803c8qk739fy2o#!

These are 100% clean and safe and uploaded by me. They are the silent update executables that Tony himself released before he disappeared. Still, I'd recommend for you to install the latest SD that features a RAM buffer for the virtual system.

6. CyberMan969

I disagree. LV apps are not like snapshot apps where a user can accumulate changes across several reboots. With LV apps you either commit there and then before rebooting, or you just reboot without commiting and lose all changes regardless if you boot back in Shadow/Protected Mode or not. This is a 100% non-debateable fact.

7. CyberMan969

SD works just fine on SSDs if you disable TRIM and keep it disabled. Most modern SSDs now feature very good garbage collection algorithms, so running an SSD without TRIM is not really much of a problem anymore. After all this lack of TRIM is what RAID users had to put up with until very recently. If you frequently leave your computer idle for a while at the log-off screen or at the BIOS/UEFI screen, then the SSD's internal GC will kick-in and optimize things. With everyday usage you won't even realize the difference between TRIM and no TRIM, unless of course you run specific benchmarks.

If Rollback RX is also installed alongside SD then SD works fine with TRIM enabled. Whatever workaround RX uses seems to allow SD to be used with TRIM enabled, without problems.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I was seeing a remote registry connection becoming active and I could not kill it. As soon as I rebooted the connection would be started even-though I disabled the service. After a lot of headache trying to ID the culprit that opens a hidden remote connection without my approval I found out it was Yeshield. I uninstalled it and the remote registry connection stood disabled.

SO just a warning for you guys for a breach in your security with this Chinese made software.

9. t3ster

t3ster Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.