Yes, another DefenseWall Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by trjam, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree for the rest of my family to use our computers that DefenseWall is better suited then some of the other apps I have tried.

My question is, why or why not could you just not go with Defensewall by itself. To me it seems if your web browser and email are your only entry points, that it would suffice in covering these areas very well.

2. baerzake

baerzake Registered Member

It is enough to run web browser as untrusted.

3. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Exactly.

Or better, why not just use Opera, or Firefox + Thunderbird, who don't have the usual gamut of Trident engine vulnerabilities to be exploited, and save yourself the hassle of having to use security software?

4. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

I did just that for a while. just defensewall with rollback rx restoring on restart. I for one felt very safe with it.

Thanks,

Chris

5. Chris12923

Because even with opera or firefox alone there is still malware/exploits that can be used to harm your system.

Thanks,

Chris

6. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

The very same could be said about DefenseWall, or any other solution out there. But I was under the impression that a realistic weighting of the involved risk and possibilities would be of much more use to the OP than plain paranoia.

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

8. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

You know, each software has bugs. I'm more then sure that every sandbox presented can be bypassed. The only important question here, this case is: "how quick security vendors fixes their software's bugs and leaks?".

As about me- I'm always try to do that job as a first priority, as quick as I can. I wouldn't like the idea (from the point of the customer) that the security software vendor I trust do that job slowly and ugly.

9. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Ilya, :thumb: :thumb:

I just wish there are more developers having the very same vision as you do.

Job well done so far, and very likely so in the future.

Take care.

10. Chris12923

Yes that is why opera/firefox + defensewall would be an even better option. All you can do is try to layer your security so that you try to eliminate one software weakness by using another. Ilya is correct as well that he is very fast fixing DF weakness/bugs.

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.