yahoo's new privacy policy

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by pin, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pin

pin Registered Member

sorry if this was posted before, but yahoo's privacy policy has been updated. take a look at it, but not on a full stomach.

http://privacy.yahoo.com/

2. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

3. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

HI Ari ;)

Did you go here in Yahoo:

Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
    General

Put everywhere a checkmark in "no" !!

http://privacy.yahoo.com/

Hope this helps :D

4. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Hi Marianna

You mean exactly after deleting my homepage content I go removing my personal info ?
    I still need help....opinions for homepages.....where to go...I found one dunno yet how´s the privacy for real:
    http://www.topcities.com/

help please, and thank you Marianna for your reply

^Ari^

5. root

root Registered Member

Sheesh! After going there and reading that I feel like doing a format and clean install, just to make sure I didn't come away with some bug. :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Privacy

Privacy Registered Member

Hi Krusty, I thought I might just suggest checking out http://www.web1000.com for hosting. I've not used their service, but 50MB webspace, unlimited bandwidth and no ads, for free, sounds pretty good. :)

7. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Privacy !

That web1000.com seems to be "perfect" for now ! I still study privacy policies and other stuff. I do not have anything to hide anyways but Yahoos new policies really suck....they collect all information.....of all users....one louzy cookie is alrigth for me though. Besides this web1000.com seems to be fast enough too.

There might be something I do not see or undestand in privacy policies of web1000.com. If any of you notice or know something weird, please tell. All information will be respectfully processed.

Thank You - ^Ari^

8. snowy

snowy Guest

KRUSTY

at your request: from "THEIR" privacy policy:

"""In other words, you should not have any expectation of privacy in the information you provide us in conjunction with the creation of your web site. """"

9. snowy

snowy Guest

to be honest these days I am not so sure any website host can offer 100% privacy due to the new laws....in this case its the personal information of the person using the hosting service that is not expected to be kept private.....which is no so strange......might even say that given today's enviorment its normal.....because a court order is no longer required to obtain such information

10. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Snowy man,

But ofcourse ! There we go again. As a matter of fact I noticed that sentence. Thank you for bringing it here, it is important.
    Expectations eh ? If I had any, I was like you, blocking everything else but plain text. And that might not be much enough for surfing anonymous either... :mad: but ok! I am not worried about FBI neither CIA, I am a good guy [ most of time lol ] Seriously I am. I still study web1000.com more; can it go worse than YAHOO! o_O

Nice to see you posting Snowy

^Ari^

11. snowy

snowy Guest

Just A Comment

yes the yahoo privacy policy stinks....an yet yahoo is being very upfront about it.....and not trying to hide it.......in a strange sort of way I have to respect that.......
    really isn't yahoo offering users a freedom of choice....use yahoo but don't expect any privacy....or just don't use yahoo. thats pretty darn straight forward... as much as it is displeasing to say....

12. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Yes indeed Snowy ! Honest and straigth ! You got one more + karma from me, you add them by yourself ok, use asterisks :D

^ Ari^

13. snowy

snowy Guest

LOL......its a good thing I can't get karma..cause after saying that about yahoo I would be overloaded with bad krama...LOL

but hey its true....doubleclick never gave us a choice..nither did all those other trackers....even though I think yahoo privacy stinks its still upfront.......

14. notageek

notageek Registered Member

LOL They have an opt out option. Yeah I bet it don't work and they still track you. I just hope clearing off my HD and erasing my cookies will clean out them web beacons that yahoo speaks of.
    BTW anyone know how to set up proxo to block web beacons?

15. snowy

snowy Guest

NotAgeek

since I have not used yahoo I can't say if their opt out..if there is one...works or not.......an wont "guess"
    as for tracking....most definitely yahoo tracks users....as does a few million other websites ....so real time prevention programs imo is good to use always
    web becons.......yes yahoo along with other sites use those.....gosh, I took steps to remove those several years ago an never looked back..so almost forgot there is such a thing........
    oddly as bad and ugly as yahoo is......millions of users go there......wonder why that iso_O

16. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I guess it's like taking a long term loan from a shark. You don't feel the pain in the wallet right away, but it will get there some day :D

Regards,

Pieter

17. snowy

snowy Guest

Pieter

LOL.....now thats a super great way of saying it.....LOL

18. museheart

museheart Registered Member

Most of the free ones are as bad as that. Or else the pop-up's kill ya and the ads are the killer kind. Like Free Yellow, Express, Homestead ( hate homestead). However, if it is a literary site you can check out Chief BlackBear's Free cgi site pages. The link is on my home page, just hit one of the banners.

I'd give it to you but I don't know it off hand.

Peace,

19. museheart

museheart Registered Member

I would also like to know if anyone finds out about
    http://www.topcities.com/

Peace,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.