Yahoo Toolbar - Anti-Spy

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    What can you say on this Yahoo product? and also on their Anti-Spy? :rolleyes: o_O

Is it really worth downloading and installing it on our pc's? :cautious: o_O

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Personally, I'm against softwares from companies that deal in marketing / advertising. I would rather not install stuff from yahoo, google, msn and so forth.
    Mrk

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I download and installed their Toolbar in my firefox browser last night and it works fine for several minutes. But after I tried to configure some of its settings my firefox browser freeze up...:gack: o_O and I have no way to go but to reset my pc. Then, tried it again, but still it hangs. It looks like this toolbar is not really compatible w my firefox...:oops: I don't know maybe it's heavy. One thing also was that the anti-spy feature they said about was actually another set of download w/c is 2.3MB installer, and not really a toolbar bundles...:p

Huhummn....:isay: :cautious: so...I just removed it from my firefox browser, and from now on I will never go back using any toolbar on my firefox that was not really "related" to my surfing habits...:shifty: :D

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Wise decision !!!

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW, I have used Yahoo toolbar both on Firefox and IE since long with no problems at all( although not using now on my new PC). I don,t know why your firefox freezed. I liked its antispy, I heard it uses PestPatrol engine but can,t say anything on its performance although it is very fast in snanning.

I like multiple toolbars esp google is my favourite, makes search easy, and u can search within sites, can fill forms, g-mail access is easy as well, and u can translate webpage although not always. However it,s Page Rank function is useless, so I disabled it, I felt it just gives Visit Rankng of sites rather than any Trust Ranking. So, Ranknig was good even on Kazza sites!!!

See my firefox.

Attached Files:

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

My IE toolbars.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.