Yahoo/Skype Direct Access settings in Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by exus69, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exus69

exus69 Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I've given some direct access settings for NoScript (prefs.js) and Adblock Plus(patterns.ini) in Sandboxie for ease of use. But I cannot find the same for yahoo messenger and skype. It'll be great if you can add Windows live
    messenger to the list as well.

NOTE: Please dont suggest to give direct access setting to the whole yahoo/skype folder as it will defeat Sandboxies
    purpose.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

All the important settings with Skype and Yahoo Messengers are server-side stored. I use both with Sandboxie - and I run both unsandboxed (at first) - to get preferences how I want them - and everything works after that. No problems adding contacts or removing them, as I said, all that information is stored on servers when you connect. I noticed they now store private messages server-side, with Yahoo - those used to be stored at user hardrive. So I don't think you really need to open up any weaknesses with the sandbox.

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Problem for me was that the chat logs are stored locally... so I had to make an exception and allow direct access to the chat log folder.

4. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Which messenger? cos I noticed Yahoo's change only recently. They've changed private messages now to server-stored. I might have it wrong about Skype. I just tried it and nothing came up with mine.

5. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I'm talking about Skype. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.