Yahoo releases new mail client for iOS, Android, Windows 8, and the web

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/11/3754296/yahoo-mail-redesign-ios-android-windows-8

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

adding the ability to have multiple accounts is a big plus...now if yahoo would have some of the basic features present in gmail and hotmail...I like yahoo because it is simple and does not overwhelm a person with SO many options, like other mail providers but it has to be able to incorporate a few more industry standard features in its free product to compete...

3. acr1965

Well I've used it a couple days now and it's certainly nice being able to check all my yahoo accounts from a single app. But there are very limited configuration options. There is no way to stop more messages from loading when you scroll to the bottom of the page. Secondly I wish there was a way to manually check for email, or at least have an option to check every 30 minutes, one hour, etc. Right now it seems the app checks for new mail often which, for me, causes a lot of battery consumption. The yahoo mail app has pretty consistently been using about 25% of my battery consumption since install.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

It is a lot faster, though still HTTPS only at login :thumbd:

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MY MAIL? :eek:

Sorry, I panicked a bit there. Thank god I transferred most of my mail to GMail. Now I've got over the shock, I think that it could be an improvement. Let's face it, it couldn't get worse.

6. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Working fine for me...and I like it.

7. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yeah, now I've got over the initial shock, it does seem to be cleaner & better. I'm not too keen on the theme choices though.

8. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Full session SSL now finally available in settings:

Attached Files:

• 4939.png
      4939.png
      File size:
      78.8 KB
      Views:
  9. acr1965

the apps resource usage is greatly improved with the last release

10. acr1965

Well that didn't take too awful long...first hacked email account since installin the yahoo android email app.

Attached Files:

11. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I got nailed yesterday (Brasil) :rolleyes: and spam email sent out to yahoo contacts. Happened shortly after installing a bunch of new apps from the Play Store so it could be a Rouge App.

12. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Just curious...

1) Can you enable the display of client IP Address to verify that logins from what appear to be your area are really from your IP Address, to see the IP Address of rogue clients, etc?

2) Can you restrict logins to certain client IP Address domains, countries, anything?

13. acr1965

I uninstalled for now. The other apps I had installed when my mail was compromised were all popular and had been around a while...none even have the pushed ads. So I don't know what could have caused the problem. A scan with Avast showed nothing.

14. acr1965

Does anyone know if the passwords to the email are stored internally or on a yahoo server somewhere? In the past when my passwords are compromised it's always been because my passwords were on a server...such as with some of those mobile web browsers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.