Yahoo News's READ MORE button. Takes 2 new tabs to read story. Grrr.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zapjb, Oct 14, 2016.

1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Yahoo News's READ MORE button. Takes 2 new tabs to read a story. Grrr.

My Yahoo News experience is nine times out of ten when I click on a story the new tab opened has barely any of the content but has a dialog box with READ MORE. Clicking on READ MORE opens another tab. I don't mind one new tab being opened but two new tabs is aggravating. I know Yahoo News has their reasons but I don't care. Anybody else a bit aggro over this?

ronjor directed me to this thread but nobody seems even a bit ****** there. So this new topic.
    http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/82914/whats-the-point-of-a-read-full-story-button

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Normally this only happens when news is hosted on another non-Yahoo site. But all of the Yahoo sites are a mess, they are slow to load and bloated. I still use Yahoo Finance everyday, because I haven't been able to find a better one. But the state of website design is horrible. It's almost as if there are hardly any skilled web-developers.

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

There aren't hardly any truly skilled developers of any kind, web or otherwise. Yahoo is dead to me anyway. It's just a big low security advertising network. I only ever used their email when I had to give an address to someone I did not want to give one to.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, this is one of the biggest problems, the web is slowly being ruined by morons who seem to think that web-pages need to be heavy on graphics and scripts. The web needs to go back to the basics. And simple doesn't mean ugly of course. See this thread for more info: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/the-web-is-doom-article.385998/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.