Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by sweater, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was then thinking that maybe some of my emails don't reach its destination. Is it really possible that some emails sent do not reach to their intended destined emails?

There are times I received a "returned email" status or notice, and that my email couldn't be forwarded, but I was worried that maybe even without notice still some of my sent emails do not really go to their destination inboxes.

I use Yahoo Mail. Is there anyway to make sure our sent emailso_O :cool: could go where it was be destined to go?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You could create a non-yahoo email - like gmail or such. And then send any email that you feel might be lost with bcc: to your other account. This way, you can pretty much be sure it was relayed ok... including anti-spam, file attachments etc.
    Mrk

3. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Crash79, this looks cool....but I am a little bit hesitant on this coz this is the first time I saw something like this. I am worried that it may have "something" hidden agenda on this services. I am not sure bout this yet. I have to study his first. :rolleyes:

By the way, is this really a free service? and can we use this even without installing anything our pc to make it work? o_O

How many yrs have you been using this thing?

Anyone out there pls check if this is really safe? :doubt: :cautious:

5. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

I have used it for some time without problems,
    However, what suits one doesn't suit another.
    Try Googleing "Notify when email received".
    There quite a few in there.

6. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Thunderbird has an option for that. It also has an option to notify you when someone is requesting confirmation that you opened their email, and whether you want the confirmation to be sent. I usually say no to the latter. Unless, it is a very important business message, I find it a little rude invasive that the sender wants to know when I opened their email.

7. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Without looking into this specific program, I recently checked out some other service based on a thread in the NOD forum. My preference is to be in control as a recipient and not to allow receipts nilly-willy - according to my quick research, these services do not work on Opera (if you block external elements) and do not work in TB unless you intentionally click on the embedded element. Other email programs may have similar functions. With Opera and TB I don't have to do anything more but if I wanted to use outlook or OE and knew the domain of the checking software, I would also block it via my firewall. So while it may work generally, you may not always get a receipt and that does not mean that the email did not go through.

8. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

There is an online email service (mail.com) that can provide return receipts for email messages. However, it is not a free service and you have to pay a monthly fee (just like at the Post Office).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.