yahoo email IE trusted zone?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jamie slate, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie slate

jamie slate Guest

i recently followed instructions from this board for using internet explorers trusted zone. i dont know what to put in the trusted zo for my yahoo email account. what should i do ? thank you in advance

2. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I also have a yahoo email account. I would suggest that, once logged into Yahoo mail, place the url from your browser's address dialog box to the trusted site list.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I would be cautious of how you place that particular URL into the Trusted Zone....in particular do not place it in as the whole domain....*.yahoo.com . You do not want any site where anonymous, unknown users can inject content in your Trusted Zone.

4. jamie slate

jamie slate Guest

thank you for your fast replies Dazed_and_Confused and Bubba. so i will put them in as i go : )

5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

What would be the advantage to have Y-mail url in the trusted zone?
    I dont have any in the trusted zone, therefore a lot in the restricted zone with max. security settings available.
    Regards,

Gerard

6. jamie slate

jamie slate Guest

you need to let cookies be stored and the trusted zone is the only way to do it when you have tight security settings isnt it? is there another way?

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I have a Yahoo account as well. I am not using IE for that but FF and I dont store cookies.
    By default the restricted zone has more security than the trusted zone in IE.
    But ofcourse you can change settings manually.

8. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

I haven't been to my account there in a while, but when I tried to get in, cookies became a must. Well to say the least,
    I wasn't a bit happy with it. My movements through yahoo were careful and calculated, reverting back to the Internet
    Zone before my exit. Thanks for quickly pointing this out for other readers Bubba, and confirming my suspicions.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.