y 2 ?????

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by maddawgz, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

i wanted to ask should i have spywareblaster and spyware gaurd both installed and running same time i know spywareblaster doesnt run as in process? but y have 2 programs? its it because one is a real time gaurdo_O? cheers maddawgz :rolleyes:

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Simple answer: YES....

Both do different things. SWB is a set and forget [apart from update checks] and writes to Registry stopping the data listed things from installing.

SG is a Real Time Monitor, protecting you against HomePage Hijacking, bad silent dl's etc.

Probably 99% conservative estimate use both. I know of noone running just one.

Even Spybot Search and Destroy, recommends running SpywareBlaster as it controls the ActiveX by setting those killbits to the registry.

Cheers, TAS

3. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Actually I don't run Spyware Guard. I only run Spyware Blaster and Spybot. I only recommend you do this however, if you know spyware, software and if you know what you are doing. :p ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.