XP x64

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by desmo, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desmo

desmo Registered Member

Hi All,

Has anybody managed to get this working on x64 Windows XP. It installs fine but once i reboot I get a blue screen error. Formatted my PC and it did the same thing>

Help Please!

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Make sure your computer is set to create complete or at least kernel memory dump
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316450
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274598

Download ESET SysInspector and generate a log file from it
    http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php

Then , recreate the problem (install the antivirus or ESS , reboot and let the BSOD appears) . Then , a complete or kernel memory dump will be created .

Reboot in Safe Mode , uninstall the program , reboot back to Normal mode . Send ESET (support@eset.com) the SysInspector log file . Describe your problem and mention that you already have a dmp file which you'd like to upload on FTP server of theirs.

Hopefully , they'll analyse the information provided and fix it in one of the next versions .

After that you can download another build of the software (one you have no issues with) and use it .

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you completely uninstalled the previously-installed security software and updated the network interface drivers to the latest ones available from the network chip manufacturer?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. desmo

desmo Registered Member

My PC is very new still. Before I installed Eset v4 I did a complete format of my Xp x64. Installed the Network drivers from the Driver DVD that I got with it.

Do you really think it could be drivers causing this problem?

When I disabled self protection in Eset v4 I restarted and it work but when I turned it back on, got the same error.

5. desmo

desmo Registered Member

Has anybody got it to work on XP x64?

6. agoretsky

Hello,

It is possible that the issue is related to the network drivers. Updating them to a newer version may resolve the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. desmo

desmo Registered Member

I tested it on my Vista x64 and it worked perfectly?

I don't think it can be the network drivers and other people is having the same problem with the xp x64 edtion.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Please , update your drivers as requested by Aryeh . Use either the manufacterer's web-site or Microsoft Windows Update web-site to download/install the latest drivers

9. agoretsky

Hello,

Just to add to HiTech_boy's message, downloading the update from the network interface chip manufacturer's support web site is preferred over the computer manufacturer or Microsoft web sites, as the chip manufacturer will have the newest drivers.

I have seen problems in the past where having older NIC drivers installed caused a stop error ("BSOD").

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

10. desmo

desmo Registered Member

Thanks guys...I installed XP x64bit in my Virtual Machine last night and downloaded the xp x64 bit drivers for the PC and It worked 100% :) SHOT!!!

I think the problem was my xp x64 was using the vista x64 bit drivers...IS that posible?

ANyways I'm a happy man now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.