XP USB install with wintoflash

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Yash Khan, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yash Khan

Yash Khan Registered Member

Prepared a USB XP install with wintoflash.

I have a dell laptop & a function is there to prepare a one time boot i.e while starting the system I have to press F12 & it prepares a onetime boot & gives me the screen with the option as Internal HDD, CD/DVD/, USB, etc.

So should I install the XP with the following way

Press F12 & select USB & then choose the 1st Text Mode Setup. This will do it work & restart the system.

On restart again press F12 & select USB & then choose 2nd GUI Mode Setup. This will install XP & restart the system.

On restart again I have to press F12 & select USB & choose 2nd GUI Mode Setup or let the system start normally?

I am asking this coz the 2nd GUI Mode Setup mentions in the bracket (Continue Setup & 1st start of Windows). And I also read somewhere on the net that boot from the USB till you see the XP desktop.

I have also posted this in wintoflash forum but no reply yet. Plzz give info on this.

Thanxx
    Naren

2. Yash Khan

Anyone plzz?

Thanx
    Naren

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I would think the quickest way to find an answer would be to try it and see what happens. and adjust accordingly

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Looks like you need to take the lead on this one. I don't fully understand what you're trying to do, and that might explain why no one else has chime in as well :)

5. Yash Khan

I think I have explained it quite clearly.

There are 2 steps to install as per the instructions.

1st Text Mode
    2nd GUI Mode.

1st Mode does copying necessary files & restarts the system. On restart I have to select again boot from USB & then choose 2nd GUI Mode. 2nd Mode installs XP & restarts the system.

On restart (This is the step where I am confused) 2nd Mode installs XP but not fully i.e the end part of XP install is remaining where XP mentions click next to setup or finalize XP. There are 2-3 steps.

So on this restart I am confused, to complete the end part of XP install I have to again boot from USB & select the 2nd GUI Mode again i.e this mode twice? or I have to boot the system normally?

Thanx
    Naren

6. culla

culla Registered Member

normally

7. Yash Khan

Are you sure? I mean this is from your own experience or read on the net?

Thanx replying.

Regards
    Naren

8. Yash Khan

Ok, I have reinstalll & checked.

It doesn't matter on the 2nd restart you select 2nd GUI Mode again or boot the system normally. Both works & continue to 1st XP run.

Thanx
    Naren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.