XP Transform Easy To Vista

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by EASTER.2010, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

It looks interesting Easter. How is it working for you so far? Does it require a lot of resources or involve another process running? Thanks, innerpeace

3. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Yes looks like one of the vistas but a mirror image.

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Are you kidding? It patches professionally well many files that emulate Vista to a tee without even a hint of resource useage. You have to try it for yourself. This link is at Softpedia, google and you will find it. Best Vista clone i ever seen. Simply Beautiful, sounds, looks and all without microsoft's sticky fingers screwing it up.

Best of all 100% FREEWARE!!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it M$.

5. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

I was beginning to install it on my XP gaming box, until I read its warning that it will modify system files, so I aborted the install, out of concern that it may possibly interfere with MS Updates - does anyone know if it does?

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I want to experiment. Please post a link?
    Mrk

7. coolbluewater

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

generally it's only a hack on the uxtheme.dll to allow unsigned themes, that's all i've ever seen changed but i suppose there's a chance it might be different with this pack??

9. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

Here's some more to make your XP pretty Bricopacks. make sure you read the "About Bricopacks" at the bottom of page.

I've used them all on XP Pro SP2 and they worked just fine :cool:

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

No, No. This is NOT a Transformation Pack. Even i won't use those.

This is VistaMizer, also distributed by Softpedia. But not by Transformation Pack Author WindowsX. This author is NOT the same one.

Please don't confuse the two, they are drastically different.
    Compare 30.2Mb to only 16.7Mb with VistaMizer! And please compare release dates! This is new.
    Windows XP und Windows Server 2003 compatible.

Link: With Screenshots:

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/VistaMizer-Screenshot-74379.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2007
  11. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I see it is partially compatible with XP64. Think I will give it a try. Thank you EASTER.2010. :thumb:

12. chachazz

chachazz Updates Team

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Is it legal/ ethical? Against EULA of windows?

14. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I would like to know this also. Anybody know for sure?

15. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Anyone compare VistaMizer against teh Vista Transformation Pack?

16. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Its another fantastic and generous freeware that XP users everywhere can finally at least take on the appearances of Vista without the crap Vista demands.

I am thrilled to finally do away with that dog ugly flag in IE, with a beautiful spinning wheel that also shows up with the cursor.

This one is great, and all you skeptics have fun trying to throw cold water on this one. :D Do i detect a hint of jealousy? Then spend some of your time at Windows customizing sites where freelancers and upcomers show off their art for the very first time. Many times some of their early works have gone commercial to their credit. There are many very talented individuals worldwide who get passed over and their talents go unrealized if not for the generosity of web sites who give them a fighting chance to prove themselves.
    Those are the ones i take great pleasure in offering donations to. LoL

PS: Plz let me know if this speeds up your PC like it does mine. Another nice bonus.

ENJOY!!

17. coolbluewater

Thanks for the heads-up EASTER.2010 :thumb:

Lately, I've been playing with SimplyMEPIS 6.5 with transparecy and Beryl enabled, along with some GL screensaver packs for eye candy - you should give it a shot if/when you find the time ;)

18. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I got a PM about the transparent icons. I MADE those since the defaults are too plain for my taste.

You can create your own MASTERPIECE icons yourself with another freeware named icoFX It allows you to set EVERYTHING from Opacity to Color Hue and many more features. It also allows you to use ANY image to create icons of your choosing. Very Nice One Too.

VistaMizer goes well beyond the old Neowin mod and wait till you see the progress bar. I had to uninstall my progress bar proggy because this one is so much nicer. They done a great job with it because my PC is even more reponsive with this program installed.

ENJOY!!

19. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I don't see anything at all about your suggestion referencing Windows but Linux, Unbuntu and the like. You have a link to the Windows D/L is there even is one? And also what's the weight of it. Unlike the Vista Transformation Pack, VistaMizer is reasonably within small limits with it's installer. You can even sit and review one by one which files are being upgraded to eventually give you that pristine Vista look. Because of the way it mods, i know thats the core reason my PC is discovered another performance boost. Also is completely Uninstallable.
    For you who install it, check your task bar buttons afterwards, you'll find a very nice small screenshot of the web page your on and explorer window when you hover them with your mouse pointer!

20. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

If you want to emulate Vista on your XP box, the easiest way is to remove half of the memory, then break windows media player :D

Looks quite cool.. might have a play later :) Thanks for the link.

21. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Well I tried this little bird - it did not install cleanly.
    So it feels a bit ... no-no to me.
    Mrk

22. coolbluewater

Yes, I was referring to Linux - the SimplyMEPIS 6.5.02 version, in fact.
    Maybe I should put it another way: Since you are after the pizazz of Vista along with performance enhancement in general, well, MEPIS (with Beryl) gives you that - and at roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the performance hit to your CPU and memory. Like Ubuntu, MEPIS is built on the Ubuntu core; but unlike Ubuntu - which uses the Gnome (boring) desktop environment - it uses the KDE desktop interface, which allows for a better eye candy experience - along with the built-in performance boost of Linux (as opposed to the bloated, malware-targeted, CPU and memory-hogging M$ code).

www.mepis.org
    http://www.beryl-project.org/

And sorry, I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread, but rather just giving you an alternative to explore, since you seem interested in performance and appearance. :D

Linux - where it's YOUR box, and not Bill's.

23. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Heh He, my box will never be Bill's anyway, and no offense taken. I taken the liberty of going well beyond old bill's limitations, and your alternatives don't come close to the simplicities of Windoes anyway, but thanks nonetheless.

Mute suggestion on deaf ears.

24. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Finally had a closer look. The home page is German. Is there English support\language pack with the install?

25. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

One thing i have learned over these past seasons is that now every very well constructed application accommadates english speaking users. The benefit that we are fortunate with is that some english or bi-ligual supporter helps us by making transaltion of the program itself to our understanding.

So to answer your question it's a toss up. We might get lucky to take part in some of these engenious creations when they are translated for our convenience, but thats not always the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.